Watch this vid.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Watch this vid.
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 0:45 Quote
Luseboy wrote:
does anyone know who this is? and is it real? his face looked fake, and i couldnt see someone face ripping in half like that... especially since he was still breathing, and looked to be consicous. god thats so f*cked up. and the first guy that saved him, didnt know what he was doing.

Well tbh I would hate to be that guy who bought him outta the water. That face would haunt you for years. I feel soo sorry for that guy...

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 4:17 Quote
Before I decide to watch this, can I have an accurate detail of the injuries? Confused I'm not that brave with really nasty ones.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 6:05 Quote
basically a guy attempts to jump into the sea from high up and smacks his face on a concrete thing and then lands in the water... he basically splits his face in half... it's pretty gnarly...

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 6:05 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Before I decide to watch this, can I have an accurate detail of the injuries? Confused I'm not that brave with really nasty ones.
A guy falls and hit's his head. His face is then cracked right down the middle.

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
Blk-Mrkt wrote:
Luseboy wrote:
does anyone know who this is? and is it real? his face looked fake, and i couldnt see someone face ripping in half like that... especially since he was still breathing, and looked to be consicous. god thats so f*cked up. and the first guy that saved him, didnt know what he was doing.

Well tbh I would hate to be that guy who bought him outta the water. That face would haunt you for years. I feel soo sorry for that guy...
ya, but i mean, it was very likely that the guy broke his neck, and the guy whosaved him, just grabbed his arm, and towed him to the shore. with his face still in the water. what your supposed to do, is stabilize his neck either using his arms, or yours, and flip him over on his back, so he can breathe, an then, very gently pull him in, but if it was me, id gently push him. This is so gross though. I want to know what happened to the guy.

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
Almost certainly fake if you ask me.

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
Luseboy wrote:
Blk-Mrkt wrote:
Luseboy wrote:

ya, but i mean, it was very likely that the guy broke his neck, and the guy whosaved him, just grabbed his arm, and towed him to the shore. with his face still in the water. what your supposed to do, is stabilize his neck either using his arms, or yours, and flip him over on his back, so he can breathe, an then, very gently pull him in, but if it was me, id gently push him. This is so gross though. I want to know what happened to the guy.
Not necessarily, you have to prioritize. This is like in a car wreck, if the vehicle is stopped right on a level crossing and the train is 20 seconds away you're not going to slap a Kendrick extrication device on the person, you're going to grab them and get them the hell out of the car probably using a Rautek style maneuver or something.
What's worse, spinal injury or death? I'd say the former but you cannot make this decision for the patient, hence you just have to assume that they'd rather live paralyzed than die.
Seeing the guy's face split in half I think neck injury would be the last thing going through my mind, I'd be more worried about him not being able to breathe.

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
gabor wrote:
Luseboy wrote:
Blk-Mrkt wrote:

Not necessarily, you have to prioritize. This is like in a car wreck, if the vehicle is stopped right on a level crossing and the train is 20 seconds away you're not going to slap a Kendrick extrication device on the person, you're going to grab them and get them the hell out of the car probably using a Rautek style maneuver or something.
What's worse, spinal injury or death? I'd say the former but you cannot make this decision for the patient, hence you just have to assume that they'd rather live paralyzed than die.
Seeing the guy's face split in half I think neck injury would be the last thing going through my mind, I'd be more worried about him not being able to breathe.
ya thats what im saying, he didnt even turn his head over, so that he could breathe, he just pulled on his arm to bring him to the edge. at the very least, you turn his head over, but, theres a special way to turn their head when you suspect a broken neck. I learned lifesaving, so i know a bit about this stuff haha.

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
Luseboy wrote:
gabor wrote:
Luseboy wrote:

ya thats what im saying, he didnt even turn his head over, so that he could breathe, he just pulled on his arm to bring him to the edge. at the very least, you turn his head over, but, theres a special way to turn their head when you suspect a broken neck. I learned lifesaving, so i know a bit about this stuff haha.
Crap, sorry! I thought you were talking about him not stabilizing his neck properly. Razz In that case, I agree. Although I guess I would've probably done the same, I think his face was so mangled I wouldn't even be sure which way is "up" or even best for him to breathe, the best idea is probably to get him ashore in the shortest time possible. Poor guy. Confused

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
gabor wrote:
Luseboy wrote:
gabor wrote:

Crap, sorry! I thought you were talking about him not stabilizing his neck properly. Razz In that case, I agree. Although I guess I would've probably done the same, I think his face was so mangled I wouldn't even be sure which way is "up" or even best for him to breathe, the best idea is probably to get him ashore in the shortest time possible. Poor guy. Confused

haha its all good.

ya, i feel really sorry for him. I think he didnt fully commit, so he tried to not go out as far... which, made this happen. so sketchy, as it wasnt some huge cliff dive, and if i was in his shoes, id have jumped too... just out farther.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013695
Mobile Version of Website