YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: May 3, 2016 at 4:01 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
DuncanUK wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

The spring of my vivid seems to slam against the body of the damper and chews the paint off pretty good. Spring pre load is OK. Am I missing something or is this normal?
Normal, its spring deflection, some have it, some don't. Put some helitape or similar around the shock body.

Thanks for the info. I put helitape around it as soon as I saw it and after a few descents it's chewing up the helitape...

I know I posted this in wrong area

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 5:51 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

The spring of my vivid seems to slam against the body of the damper and chews the paint off pretty good. Spring pre load is OK. Am I missing something or is this normal?

What happens is when the spring compresses the coils twist, but because they are fixed at both ends the twisting motion causes them to bend out of line. Using a shock bearing like this one

http://www.ti-springs.com/Performance_Shock_Spring_Bearing/p1892585_9267395.aspx

(not sure the exact model you will need) should lessen the distortion and is also supposed to give a smoother more supple stroke. Not had personal experience of this so I can't garentee anything but if it's doing real damage it's probably worth a shot.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 12:24 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

I am having this exact same issue on my Kage Frown

O+
Posted: May 4, 2016 at 1:00 Quote
Bad-Bill-BuckleBoots wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

I am having this exact same issue on my Kage Frown

Normal.

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 4:33 Quote
Me and another mate also have the same issue on the Kage shock. I'm looking to get a stiffer spring soon anyway so will probably helitape it when I have the shock off the bike.

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
Has anyone in North America received their 2016 Tues Pro or any 2016 YT equipped with Fox suspension? Seems to be a big delay on Fox equipped bikes here in North America... Madder Confused

O+
Posted: May 4, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
Still waiting on my cf pro medium

O+
Posted: May 4, 2016 at 10:39 Quote
Anyone know if the cf pro comes with volume spacers for the fox suspension? Also, is it the updated sram guide brakes that use that new style bleed kit?

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 15:37 Quote
Anyone who has the ties al can you tell me those rims are heavy as its impossible to find a review anywhere

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 16:51 Quote
relscb wrote:
Anyone who has the ties al can you tell me those rims are heavy as its impossible to find a review anywhere
Don't know exact weight but must be considering the tank like weight of the Tues.
All I know is they're shit. Mine are busted and haven't cased jumps or hit anything big.
What are some good but cheap 27.5 rims? I need some that can be bought internationally.

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 17:47 Quote
Paking wrote:
relscb wrote:
Don't know exact weight but must be considering the tank like weight of the Tues.
All I know is they're shit. Mine are busted and haven't cased jumps or hit anything big.
What are some good but cheap 27.5 rims? I need some that can be bought internationally.
Still Swiss maybe?

Posted: May 7, 2016 at 13:28 Quote
Anyone with a 2015 YT Tues cf pro had to replace the bearings in their front hub??

O+
Posted: May 8, 2016 at 7:58 Quote
Paid for my Tues cf pro on 4/5/16. As of now, they are saying June. No date given in June, so my guess is late June.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2016 at 9:39 Quote
Well that sucks. Paid for mine mid march when i ordered it

Posted: May 9, 2016 at 8:36 Quote
freeridefish wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

What happens is when the spring compresses the coils twist, but because they are fixed at both ends the twisting motion causes them to bend out of line. Using a shock bearing like this one

http://www.ti-springs.com/Performance_Shock_Spring_Bearing/p1892585_9267395.aspx

(not sure the exact model you will need) should lessen the distortion and is also supposed to give a smoother more supple stroke. Not had personal experience of this so I can't garentee anything but if it's doing real damage it's probably worth a shot.

The spring bearing does help with small bump, i fitted one with a Ti spring not long ago. Also with the spring i have there is zero body rub

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016432
Mobile Version of Website