Kona Vs. Specialized The ultimate showdown

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Kona Vs. Specialized The ultimate showdown
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:07 Quote
Let me here your opinions and thoughts about each
and why you like one more then the other

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:08 Quote
I will see where this goes; if a flame war starts, this thread will be locked.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:10 Quote
chriscool wrote:
Let me here your opinions and thoughts about each
and why you like one more then the other

Specialized makes amazing bikes with an amazing reputation and riders to back it up.Kona also has an amazing team of riders that they sponsor, and people who say that Kona sucks should look at the Kona team: Andreu Lacondeguy, Paul Bas, John Cowan etc.My enduro rides so nice, but I have yet to own a Kona.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:10 Quote
i started out with specialized, but i soon needed a full suspension, the specialized high end was too expensive, but soooooo nice, so i gave in, and bought a high end kona for much less, and realized thats all i need, so i have two konas, but wish i had 1 specialized

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:13 Quote
avery25 wrote:
i started out with specialized, but i soon needed a full suspension, the specialized high end was too expensive, but soooooo nice, so i gave in, and bought a high end kona for much less, and realized thats all i need, so i have two konas, but wish i had 1 specialized
Agreed i feel that specialized need a more of an average bike in the dh/fr area that is afordable but durable

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:17 Quote
chriscool wrote:
avery25 wrote:
Agreed i feel that specialized need a more of an average bike in the dh/fr area that is afordable but durable

yeah, but the lower end (comparatively) bighit 1 is nice, but i'd rather have an 08 stinky than an 08 bighit 1, its the high end models were its close, and if specialized lowered thier prices a little, so many more people would buy them

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:18 Quote
avery25 wrote:
chriscool wrote:
avery25 wrote:

yeah, but the lower end (comparatively) bighit 1 is nice, but i'd rather have an 08 stinky than an 08 bighit 1, its the high end models were its close, and if specialized lowered thier prices a little, so many more people would buy them
agreed
theres something about the kona suspension that doesnt feel that great for me tho
i'd have to say i like the specialized suspension set up better then the kona
but ya only if they lowered there prices

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:19 Quote
ya. depends on what ur price range is...

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:19 Quote
i like the kona suspension, they found a good thing, and stuck with it, but they should try something else like a new fr bike for 2009 with a diferent suspension design

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:20 Quote
fogger808 wrote:
if money wasnt a problem though how would you feel about each

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 15:15 Quote
chriscool wrote:
fogger808 wrote:
if money wasnt a problem though how would you feel about each
if i had to choose between thier high end dh/fr bikes, i would choose specialized, better warranty, prettier frames, but between slopestyle and 4x, (4 inch travel) bikes, i would have trouble deciding between a bass, or a sx supercroiss

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 22:30 Quote
demo demo demo demo demo!!!

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 22:48 Quote
I personally own a kona, its my jumping bike and im very happy with it. Iv had it for like 3 years and very few problems, But on the other had my friend has a sx trail and has had tons of problems with it. Broken a swing arm, and head tube(and fork and shock,) when i get on a kona i feal more like a biker. Specialized is to comercial for me, and all there bikes are either super nice, Demo's & sx's, or kinda nice like the bighits. They need a midrange bike, like the stinky dee lux or something.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 22:53 Quote
rideayeti wrote:
I personally own a kona, its my jumping bike and im very happy with it. Iv had it for like 3 years and very few problems, But on the other had my friend has a sx trail and has had tons of problems with it. Broken a swing arm, and head tube(and fork and shock,) when i get on a kona i feal more lik a biker. Specialized is to comercial for me, and all there bikes are either super nice, Demo's & sx's or kinda ok like the bighits. They need a midrange bike, like the stinky dee lux or something.
thats definately how i feel
i think that they need to make a bike for the average person and a bike that can do all the things a demo or sx can, but without all the nicks and nacks

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
chriscool wrote:
rideayeti wrote:
I personally own a kona, its my jumping bike and im very happy with it. Iv had it for like 3 years and very few problems, But on the other had my friend has a sx trail and has had tons of problems with it. Broken a swing arm, and head tube(and fork and shock,) when i get on a kona i feal more lik a biker. Specialized is to comercial for me, and all there bikes are either super nice, Demo's & sx's or kinda ok like the bighits. They need a midrange bike, like the stinky dee lux or something.
thats definately how i feel
i think that they need to make a bike for the average person and a bike that can do all the things a demo or sx can, but without all the nicks and nacks

that would be a bighit...Book

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010909
Mobile Version of Website