Powered by Outside

SEA OTTER DH 2008

PB Forum :: Downhill
SEA OTTER DH 2008
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 21:11 Quote
Hey, guys i was just wondering who was racing the 2008 sea otter dh in the junior expert class? and also anyone who raced it in past years what you thought about the race course?

Thanks, Luke

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 21:18 Quote
hey I should be racing JR.X, the dh is pretty shity f you ask me. its better on like a 6 inch bike. lots of pedaling to be had, then you do a cuple jumps and more pedaling.last year they through in a "rock garden" really it was 4 small rocks you could bunnyhop... the slalom is a good time though.

FL
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 22:05 Quote
When is it exactly, is it advertised already? I would like to go, have never been. Won't be in the junior-x cat, although there are a few guys from Golden that would be in that category, I think they will head down there again.

nate

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 22:09 Quote
honestly, its pretty lame. its all groomed out. the first part is tables and doubles, then like ^^^ said theres a 4 fot loong "rock guarden" then about a 6ft step down....and a hip....and its all pedaling after that...
oh dont forget the lines. about 500000000 ppl show up and they run 2 shuttles so it takes about 2 and a half hours between runs. the only reason i go is cuz you can get maaad dealz and hook ups on shit tup

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 23:02 Quote
I raced it last year and it is a terrible course, but to give Sea Otter credit, they dont have much to work with. When is it, has it been announced yet?

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 7:25 Quote
jf951 wrote:
honestly, its pretty lame. its all groomed out. the first part is tables and doubles, then like ^^^ said theres a 4 fot loong "rock guarden" then about a 6ft step down....and a hip....and its all pedaling after that...
oh dont forget the lines. about 500000000 ppl show up and they run 2 shuttles so it takes about 2 and a half hours between runs. the only reason i go is cuz you can get maaad dealz and hook ups on shit tup

if you drive down can you get someone to shuttle for you or do you have to take there 2 given shuttles?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 7:56 Quote
g10ry wrote:
jf951 wrote:

if you drive down can you get someone to shuttle for you or do you have to take there 2 given shuttles?

yeah u can get ppl to shuttle for you, DONT skitch tho they'll take ur number so fast its not even funny

FL
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 8:18 Quote
jf951 wrote:

yeah u can get ppl to shuttle for you, DONT skitch tho they'll take ur number so fast its not even funny

What is skitching?

nate

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 9:02 Quote
-nate- wrote:
jf951 wrote:

What is skitching?

nate

skitching is when you sit on your bike and hold onto the back or side of the shuttle and have it take you up the hill.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 9:18 Quote
jf951 wrote:

I concur. Last year my buddy and I were camped at the bottom of the course. (well close enough anyway)
So we'd practice during the day and poach after the course was gone, all we did was take off our number plates and go ride it. There were a ton of kids sessioning the tables up at the top though.

Haha, then it got too dark for me to see and I ate shit. tup

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 14:31 Quote
foxx888 wrote:
-nate- wrote:
jf951 wrote:

What is skitching?

nate

skitching is when you sit on your bike and hold onto the back or side of the shuttle and have it take you up the hill.

Interesting

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 14:36 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
foxx888 wrote:
-nate- wrote:

What is skitching?

nate

Interesting

Have u ever raced sea otter aaron?

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
g10ry wrote:
maestroforlife wrote:
foxx888 wrote:

Interesting

Have u ever raced sea otter aaron?

No..I have never been able to get my season started early enough. Sounds like a great time though...if you like crowds.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 14:38 Quote
yea.. well if i can ill go down there next year to get a head start on the season. you think thats a good idea?

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 14:39 Quote
g10ry wrote:
yea.. well if i can ill go down there next year to get a head start on the season. you think thats a good idea?

If your going to Sea Otter...your season starts right now..dry land train and spinning.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006568
Mobile Version of Website