Powered by Outside

Kona does not respond to any of my questions, so bad customer service

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona does not respond to any of my questions, so bad customer service
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 8:46 Quote
Hello
Three months ago I've noticed a small scratch under the headtube and the paint was going off so I went to my local Kona dealer and explained everything. It was a stab frame, and I've been using it for less than a year, so my bike was still covered by warranty replacement. So I left my Stab in that bike shop then after two weeks they phoned me and said that Kona will replace my frame with stinky primo 2007. I was really excited but alwell thats the moment I got dissapointed by you(kona). I'm waiting now by more than two months for the frame, in the warranty card there is clearly said that the max the customer have to wait to get new frame is 2 months... So the 2 months have passed by, and I still have no frame... I'm 100% sure, that my local Kona dealer is doing everything they can. So my question is: Do you(as Kona Bikes Company) have any problems with sending frames( I don't know if it is important factor but I'm living in Europe) or you just don't care about people who once paid for your product and now you leave them because they can do nothing at all? I hope that someone of you guys will respond to my question and save some face, or just explain me the reason why I have to wait for so long. Wink - I wanted to post that on their "kona owner area forums" but it does not work...

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 8:50 Quote
They may not have any 07's left. This is the time of year that they are tooling up for 08's. Stay on your shop, they need to keep calling. You may even end up with an 08 frame insted.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 8:51 Quote
no shit your not the only one i bought a stinky nine in 2003 and i broke 4 sets of rocker plates and the rep couldnt do anything so i called the guy in bc DAN, cause i was working in a bike shop back then so i ask him if he can replace the frame this time cause i lost pretty much my entire season because of that and guess what he aswered me, i was selling his bikes at a dealer ship remember that, well he told me if i wasnt happy i could walk instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i call that quality service to its best
f*ck kona

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 8:54 Quote
Alright, you're going to hate me for this, but chances are, since you live in Poland, they don't have the frame in stock in your country. If you've ever been to the Konaworld forums and asked Tech a question about frame replacement, you know that the first thing he would say is they have to get the frame for inspection. Then they ship out a new one, if they have a reason to and if they have the frame in stock. Right now, the problem might be that the frame you should be getting is out everywhere (this is mostly common with medium sized frames).

I do know that as of now, the Stuff and Cowan frames won't be shipping until January because they have none left and the 08 line hasn't yet arrived in a big enough number to justify shipping an individual frame out. The same may apply to both the Stab and Stinky lineup.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 8:56 Quote
anyways two of my friends had same sitiuation and they got their frames in 3 weeks, so I think that they could have serious mess but anyways Im pissed off, no bike for 3 months

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 8:58 Quote
No, my Stab was L size so Im getting L(16') Stinky Primo, def. rare... anyways my local Kona dealer sent that query to USA... And it was about 76 days ago...

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 9:00 Quote
They sent the frame? Or just phoned it in?

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 9:03 Quote
don't know, but Kona answered only once that the warranty has been accepted and they will send it soon...

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 9:04 Quote
Enrumail wrote:
No, my Stab was L size so Im getting L(16') Stinky Primo, def. rare... anyways my local Kona dealer sent that query to USA... And it was about 76 days ago...

By the sound of things, you sent the query in the period where bike companies are selling their stock and not producing anymore of that year's bikes. The fact that you ride a large is also an issue because they are produced in much smaller quantities than medium frames. And I must restate the fact that you living in Poland won't help because of the smaller market.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 9:07 Quote
Keep on your store to keep on Kona. As M47..... and I mentioned its a really awkward time of year, it sucks that your out riding time.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 9:10 Quote
well, another thing is that I wanted to swap my frame size to M but it wasn't possible, also it's like lottery about getting DOPE system with the frame(like some PB users from Israel or USA) or without it (it's like 250$ less on the whole product)like my friend and one guy from Canada...

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 2:12 Quote
well I found Kona super supportive with my problems, they responded to all my questions and It's probably my local dealers fault... we'll see, still no frame

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 2:56 Quote
mabye they didnt answer your questions because they were stupid questions and didnt desver an answer

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 10:42 Quote
no, they werent stupid questions, and yes, they answered me finally... anywayss they have such a mess inside and I need to wait for the frame for two weeks more.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
I manage a bike shop that sells Konas. In Canada its a lot faster to get bikes warrantied. If it's taking a long time, it's not Kona - it could be either your local shop, or whatever distributor Kona uses in Poland that's taking so long.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010081
Mobile Version of Website