The Trail Perfection Thread

PB Forum :: Trail Building
The Trail Perfection Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 13:52 Quote
Right.

This thread is specifically for posting good quality pics of Either your own trails, if you feel they are up to the quality of what you find here, or pics of other inspirational works you've seen over the Tinterweb or beyond and would like to share with like minded Pinkbikers.

No page long discussions unless it is valid to a trail pic, but productive criticism or congratulation are acceptable.

Looking for specific input from Dan @ Moos, Reck @ Goatpath, Dazem, CBernier, Andrew Macintosh, and James @ Chertsey etc

Here are Daisy trails to start it off:

photo

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 14:08 Quote
Ne massive jump

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/215557_10150158051951300_717986299_7229458_2296112_n.jpg

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
photo
photo
Already posted in the other thread,but heres the most recent work just to help get the ball rolling.

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 18:28 Quote
productive criticism^: i dont know how fast your gona be going up to that hip but you should probly make it quite a bit steeper.just an opinion though Wink
btw..perfection thread.im likin it tup

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 18:58 Quote
You aren't going fast at all,its a flow set and its like the 3 feature in the set so you haven't build up speed yet.

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 19:56 Quote
alright well maybe the gaps bigger than it looks in the pic

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 0:49 Quote
ok heres a few pics from yesterday was epic seshion about 15 riders, lots of pizza cooking and paparzzi everywhere! spent 2 days dialing stuff last week as dirt mag are doing a photoshoot today, stuff is looking and riding so sweet.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 1:43 Quote
Moo's makes me want to change haggard chertsey into dialed chertsey, but it is just to dry, and it makes me sad Wink

Also bernier, do you jump the table before the hip, or just bonk it, or manual it (or something along those lines)

I am leaving my hose now with camaera in my bag so you can see the haggardness, but mainly stuff i have gotten dialed in

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 2:45 Quote
austinm123 wrote:
alright well maybe the gaps bigger than it looks in the pic

there will be very little gap, you will just pop over it, or bonk it, it isnt designed to be yanked up on, just to be skimmed, or flowed over (i assume)

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 7:41 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Moo's makes me want to change haggard chertsey into dialed chertsey, but it is just to dry, and it makes me sad Wink

Also bernier, do you jump the table before the hip, or just bonk it, or manual it (or something along those lines)

I am leaving my hose now with camaera in my bag so you can see the haggardness, but mainly stuff i have gotten dialed in
Yeah you manual the roller on top. Its about time someone understood the line! tup

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 7:52 Quote
Hey guys, don't know if I can post here, but with the demise of the other thread, i'll go for it. They are not quite perfection yet, as I have just finished with the excavator, and need to shape, compact and make them look beautiful.
Here's Park trails for you all Smile

First it started with two (rather small table tops)
photo

Then I built them up, to two small dirt jumps, and a more freeride jump.
photo

I then started on a new 'bigger line'.
photo

Then i got an excavator in, and look what happened. vvvvvv
photo
The trick booter
photo
Looking at the kicker into the satellite dish
photo
The speed jump.
photo
The 20ft freeride jump, with step up being built in the background

Heres the ghetto roll in ramp. (not finished)
photo

Any constructive critiscm would be great. I don't want to hear your bitching. Also just to remind you the jumps havn't been shaped, compacted yet. I just thought I would show you what i had done so far. Peace

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 12:06 Quote
wider landings, bigger tabs, and steeper sides, other than that good work, on what looks like a fun little flowy set (much bigger and much more is a givvun so is didn't mention it Wink )

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 12:08 Quote
Thanks bud. I have plans to extend next season, but for now I'm gonna get these finished and ridable. I went out and started shaping this afternoon, so the landings are bigger and lips are wider.
Question for this thread: On average how many people do you have helping you build?

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 12:10 Quote
hucker-kid wrote:
Thanks bud. I have plans to extend next season, but for now I'm gonna get these finished and ridable. I went out and started shaping this afternoon, so the landings are bigger and lips are wider.
Question for this thread: On average how many people do you have helping you build?

sorry i was mid post, went to dinner, then posted, then came back to find you had already replied on the photo's, i am currently uploading a spam of photo's

On average, somewhere between 1 and 5, normally 3 of us down, and then about 4 others pissing about, but all over winter it was me, or me with one other person

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 12:12 Quote
Ok cool. I imagine trails are a lot easy to build with more people, with gives more manpower and someone to talk to. For me, I'm digging alone Cry
Edit: James i have already started shaping, making lips and landings wider Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026305
Mobile Version of Website