Bike Film Project In The Lakes & Cumbria

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Bike Film Project In The Lakes & Cumbria
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 9, 2011 at 19:12 Quote
Hello folks!

I'm planning to make a film set in the Lake District and surrounding areas of Cumbria, featuring dh, freeride, dirt jumping and hopefully some street/park riding.

It's a non profit low budget project just for fun, at the moment all I have is a 10mp handycam to shoot footage for a teaser sequence, starting off at Setters this weekend.

In the following months I'll be saving up some cash and investing in a few essential pieces of semi pro equipment to start shooting properly for the main film.

After spending a lot of time creating motion graphics for TV commercials and broadcast channels I'm really looking forward to working in the biking community! If people want to get involved in any way or ask any questions please get in touch.

Jamie

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 23:48 Quote
Sounds interesting, i'd be willing to share my dslr if you wanted possibly. Have you got any videos of stuff you've done?

Edit: thiis is what both me and my camera can do Smile it was a friend filming for me
Views: 762    Faves: 12    Comments: 5

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 2:28 Quote
Sounds a good idea! would be happy to help... EJG94 is my mate and we often use his DSLR but my lenses so im fine to help Smile

Views: 929    Faves: 10    Comments: 15

Views: 1,158    Faves: 13    Comments: 33

Some of my vids from my camera...

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 3:46 Quote
I could give you a hand with the editing? heres a video I made for the lifecycles competition.
Views: 161    Faves: 3    Comments: 2

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 5:03 Quote
Thanks for your response guys! Sounds positive. Smile lets just keep in touch, anyone is welcome to come down and film, ride n' chat about the project. If there's a few people involved with the whole thing that's great.

Ejg94...I'm new to filming MTB but here's my graphics showreel, a few years old now and not bike related but you'll get an idea. Looking forward to combining graphics, vfx and compositing techniques with bikes! There's also a couple of jobs I did for Extreme channel here.

Motion graphics reel.

https://vimeo.com/19492375

extreme channel titles.

https://vimeo.com/19506947
https://vimeo.com/19507279

Nice one
J

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 5:43 Quote
Ejg94/ DJMurchison / Frase

Good work on your videos! Looking slick. Would be good to chat, I'll be heading out this weekend, either to Setters or Scratch if you're around?

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 6:54 Quote
ill ride for you Big Grin
duin some sda races too if you guys wona come.

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 9:35 Quote
be glad to help some gr8 riding at setters ...can sort out radio coms,generator for power if needed .

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 9:55 Quote
awesome graphics stuff!!! I'm not riding until after exams sadly but if you wanna go somewhere and do a segment with me, i can drive!

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 10:01 Quote
Ejg94 wrote:
awesome graphics stuff!!! I'm not riding until after exams sadly but if you wanna go somewhere and do a segment with me, i can drive!
I cant do anything this weekend, but i'll be happy to film any weekend after if i can have a lift (hint hint EJG Wink )

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 7:49 Quote
chrismcphee wrote:
ill ride for you Big Grin
duin some sda races too if you guys wona come.

Nice one mate, keep in touch and hook up for filming days. Due to being skint I'm locked down in cumbria really at the moment but good luck with the sda races!!

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 7:52 Quote
oldexraver wrote:
be glad to help some gr8 riding at setters ...can sort out radio coms,generator for power if needed .

Spot on dude! I'll be sure to get in touch when things start moving properly. A generator would be handy for lights in those dark woods.

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 7:55 Quote
Ejg94 wrote:

Thanks! No problem there's no rush, we can do a load of filming in the summer.

FL
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 10:05 Quote
Hey man, I'm pretty keen to get involved if possible. can't ride this weekend due to Fort Bill SDA but most other weekends I'll be about.

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 10:07 Quote
Let me no were u go setters or scratch will pop up on sat as on Sunday am at radio 1 big weekend

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018253
Mobile Version of Website