Kona Entourage!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Kona Entourage!
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 11:13 Quote
I'm in the market for a new bike, I want something that can handle the toughest freeride adventures yet I could still take to the resorts and rip up the trails there. I also would like to race downhill with it once or twice a year. Kona is marketing this bike as a bike that can handle all of that, but what do you guys think? Anyone's 2 cents is greatly appreciated!

Big Grin

Entourage Deluxe

Purpose: Park/Freeride
Travel: 170 millimeters
Weight: 37.4 pounds
Price: $4499 cdn

Entourage DL

Details abound on Kona's Entourage, like a laid-back seat angle to alter the effective top tube length for taller riders, or in case you want to raise the saddle to access some back-country trails.

Hidden in the middle of Kona’s 2012 range is a sweet park bike called the Entourage. Its chassis is beautifully designed with an interrupted seat tube and curving lines. Short, 415 millimeter chainstays make the Entourage quick in the corners and remarkably agile both on the ground and in the air. We got some track time on the Entourage at Whistler and can say first-hand that Kona struck gold on this design. With its 65-degree head angle to keep the chassis stable at speed and the two best suspension components for park riding (Fox DHX RC2 shock and RockShox Lyric DH fork), the 170-millimeter-travel Entourage feels lightly balanced and confidence inspiring, and it all comes with a huge fun factor. Heck, the Entourage even climbs reasonably well for a big bike. If $4499 cdn is a bit rich for your wallet, Kona offers it in a more affordable version for $2799 cdn so almost everyone can play.

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 at 14:08 Quote
Well it looks like a very good bike... Give it a go!

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 at 14:21 Quote
i would man just watch the video off graham aggasiz shredding on it

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 1:04 Quote
omg i want this bike too (: i want a bike that can pretty much do it all
and still shred up whister and silver star like a dh bike.
I think the deluxe looks much nicer than the black version but its a hand full more /:

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 12:14 Quote
Anyone know you can buy just the frame?

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 13:56 Quote
Rylan17 wrote:
Anyone know you can buy just the frame?
i asked kona on their facebook page and they said a frame only option will be avalible

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 15:23 Quote
Anyone had much experience with those lyric forks? To me for the looks of what this bike is designed for would a set of totems been a much plusher and sturdier ride? Suppose $$ and weight comes in to the argument aswell.

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 19:40 Quote
downhillryan wrote:
Anyone had much experience with those lyric forks? To me for the looks of what this bike is designed for would a set of totems been a much plusher and sturdier ride? Suppose $$ and weight comes in to the argument aswell.

Dude the totem would be too beefy like dh oriented since this is a freeride/park bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2011 at 17:21 Quote
Yeah I'm prolly gonna get one Smile

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 17:57 Quote
2700 Gbp I'm getting that for next season Smile kona are saying it ain't to go for peddling up mind :/

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 18:00 Quote
nickridesforkicks wrote:
2700 Gbp I'm getting that for next season Smile kona are saying it ain't to go for peddling up mind :/

It was design for park/freeride so its not gona be the best at uphills...

Posted: Aug 24, 2011 at 6:08 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
nickridesforkicks wrote:

It was design for park/freeride so its not gona be the best at uphills...
yer i know :L but its always nice to be able to pedal up a little hill makes the bike more versitial Smile

Posted: Aug 24, 2011 at 6:10 Quote
That seat angle is obscene lol, there's no way you'd be (comfortably) doing any seated climbing on that.lol

Posted: Aug 24, 2011 at 6:16 Quote
Joey-Propane wrote:
That seat angle is obscene lol, there's no way you'd be (comfortably) doing any seated climbing on that.lol
agred but i bet its class coming back down Razz more of a bike park bike(bike lifts) :/

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.062718
Mobile Version of Website