What rims for my freeryde?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What rims for my freeryde?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 24, 2011 at 15:57 Quote
Hi everyone, need a little help, I have some standard alex rims on my new freeride, they are crap in one month I had to true then two times already.
What you guys think that are the best rims for it?

Halo Combat

Sun Ringle Single Track Welded Winter Camo

Sun Ringle Rhyno Lite XL

Posted: Sep 25, 2011 at 22:49 Quote
Halo SAS 48h rear. super strong. but i would stay away from it if your a weight weenie. and a (i think 36h) front SAS.

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 at 3:56 Quote
every day ime shuffling
this back rim is amazing.

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 1:53 Quote
I think I will get a custom wheel made, sun ringle single track black with hope 2 pro silver hubs(front is a 20mm) and some black Swiss spokes

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 1:54 Quote
James877 wrote:
every day ime shuffling
it truly is

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 1:57 Quote
driftking99 wrote:
Halo SAS 48h rear. super strong. but i would stay away from it if your a weight weenie. and a (i think 36h) front SAS.
48h? dam it really sounds strong, I wanted to keep the same rims front and back and the problem is that i need a 20mm hub for the forks
photo

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 2:05 Quote
SkyTsunami wrote:
James877 wrote:
every day ime shuffling
it truly is
well thats a chrome ns rotarty lased with dt spokes and nipples to the mtx so strong

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
Mavic EX721, not the lightest but completely bomproof

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 13:32 Quote
Spank Rims are the most solid rims I have had the pleasure to run on my bikes. They are also lighter then some that did not hold up like my spanks. I have a few different friends that have had awesome success with their variety of spank rims as well. Oh, did I mention they look amazing.

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 13:32 Quote
Mavic 823 if you want tubeless and light but strong or 729's if you want the strongest.

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 22:31 Quote
hey bro let us know what you went with in the end... Im in the same boat as you. I want something lite and moderately strong. Doesnt have to be bomb, but like AM but more.

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 2:27 Quote
Well after a long talk with the guys from chainreactions i reduced my options to two diferent sets of wheels.
Sun ringle single track or some mavic ex721
I have tested my self the sun ringle winter camo and must say you can punish then as hard as you can and they dont complain, in the other hand the mavic ex721 they look bomb proof but because the diference on the price i will give a try to the sun ringle( £265 for the wheel set)

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 2:52 Quote
SkyTsunami wrote:
Well after a long talk with the guys from chainreactions i reduced my options to two diferent sets of wheels.
I have tested my self the sun ringle winter camo and must say you can punish then as hard as you can and they dont complain, in the other hand the mavic ex721 they look bomb proof but because the diference on the price i will give a try to the sun ringle( £265 for the wheel set)
mavics are better

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 2:56 Quote
James877 wrote:
SkyTsunami wrote:
mavics are better

Well my point is that i will not do crasy stuff on the bike, i just want to enjoy my trails without have to care about taking the bike to get it true all the time, i want the best affordable solution because i will not do jumps with more tham 1.5meters, at least for now, XD

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 4:04 Quote
still go with the 721's. You will be riding them for ever. I have rebuilt several single tracks because of only slightly more then typical trail riding damage.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013438
Mobile Version of Website