P bike haters?

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:48 Quote
So in the pinkbike forums I have noticed a lot more people say good things about the P bikes. I was looking for opinions on them on MTBR and almost everybody said they were bad. I don't know why. I am looking to buy a P.2 and here it looks as if many people like the P bikes but on MTBR its very different. So why is this and also Is a P.2 a good bike for me? (I am like 5'2 and about 110lbs) Ther bike will be used for mostly dirt jumping and a very occasional trail and urban ride. Thanks for the help!

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:49 Quote
P BIKES FTW !!!

I ride an 06 P3, I love it, it's super light and the GEO is mint.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:52 Quote
i find there are a lot of spesh haters on mtbr

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:52 Quote
I know, I also like the P bikes alot but it seems either the person loves it or hates it. I am still kind of torn between what to get. I seems like a great deal for the money.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:56 Quote
aluminum frame, light, awesome geo and a lifetime warranty ? whats not to like ?

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:57 Quote
u are right some like them some hate them...but that is the same with any bike...unfortunately, there are a lot of people on mtbr who will say they hate p. bikes simply b/c they are from spesh and not b/c they have tried them personally

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 11:04 Quote
Very True. Why does everybody hate specialized. Personally I think they are a good company. And people shouldn't judge the bike maybe just because they don't like the company. We are talking about the bike and not the company although the company does play a part. But alot of the haters out there haven't even rid it.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 11:22 Quote
seriousily there is nothing wrong with p series except for the rim's,

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 11:25 Quote
I rode a P1 for a while at the begining of this season and I would say that it was a good bike I don't know what size mine was but I found it lond so I would go for the size lower than you normally would but as for the bike itself it was really good I learned how to manual with it and it was really easy because of the gemoetry the rear wheel felt as though it was directly under my ass.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 13:46 Quote
There seems to be a lot more P bike likers here.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 13:55 Quote
i love my p2 to death
really good dj geo
fairly light
decent spec for the money
the only thing i didn't like is that it has a very low bb
but i got used to it, and now i never scrape my pedals cause i adjust them subconsciously

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 14:03 Quote
i don't love my p3 but i don't hate it. it's decently built and it doesn't hold you back from anything. the stocks wheels got demolished pretty early on, but that's the only major problem i've had...except recently i cracked it and specialized is being really lame about warrantying it.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 14:06 Quote
i like p bikes but my only complaint is (in my eyes) nomatter what you do to these bikes they never look good

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 14:06 Quote
Here it is in a nutshell. mtbr is full of americans. most americans started on a bmx. bmx have a higher bb, and the p series have a low bb, only bike with a lower bb is a chase. Most americans dont like the p series because it doesnt feel as much like a bmx then some of the high end chromo frames. My buddy has a p street and my other has a chase, which both have low bbs. These were there first bikes so they knew no different. I have a ritual and it has a bmx high bb and was my first dj bike so I cannot ride their bikes for the live of me, just feels weird. I would own a p series if it wasnt for that. This might not be it but it seems to sound right to me.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:38 Quote
I have a P.2 06, and I love it so much!!
The geo, materials(less the hayes sole brakes :S),the texture of paint, etc etc.
The only problem is my tire touch in the crank when i do x-up, but you can solve that problem buying the L size.
Bye.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012598
Mobile Version of Website