Powered by Outside

Are FOX 40's good for like free ride trails some dh and drops/ gaps??

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Are FOX 40's good for like free ride trails some dh and drops/ gaps??
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:45 Quote
im just wondering becuase i just got them on my atomic soo nare they good as the title says????......i Book that they were good so just wondering..

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:57 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/search/?q=

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:19 Quote
no they are the worst forks ever made
they cant handle anything
dont get them they suck

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:20 Quote
i have them.. feels like sex in my opinion and i havnt had very many problems - i send in for a tune up but thats about it

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:20 Quote
how do you know this did you own one?

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:21 Quote
what, you've never heard of 40's? Or maybe your just looking for people to say "dude, that's such a sick fork! your so lucky, I wish my mom would but me one!" C'mon man, Fox's top of the line fork is just that, Fox's top of the line. If you like Fox they're rad. On the other hand out of 4 of my friends who ride a 40, 3 of them have snapped the lowers at the arch... you decide...

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:24 Quote
thanks i was just wondering becuase ya i know fox is good and all but sometimes good companies have bad stuff so i made a thread

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:24 Quote
yeah - honestly its what you ride.. if you like DH get boxxers.. if you like the all around its a toss up between a 40 and a 888.. in my opinion i might go for a new 2008 888 but i dont have the money and im not one to complain with my 40's- try riding the bike and you might see what its like- dont listen to other people to make your decision on a fork

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:30 Quote
40s are not very freeride friendly UNLESS you are prepared to do lots of maintanance.
Its an air fork, and all air forks require lots of tlc, especially 40s; 40s have super low levels of bath oil in them (hence the light weight) which means they dry up, and if the oil isnt splashing around (like it would on a smoother FR jump trail, as opposed to a rough DH course for example, where they are constantly going rough a full range of travel) to lubricate the stanctions, they scratch pretty quick unless you regularly service them. As far as freeriding goes, theyre stiff, and predictable, however they do not ramp up as much as actual freerid forks will, the damping system in them is race specific.
You have to know how your fork will react to prevent damage.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:39 Quote
It's not an air fork.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:44 Quote
Air? your high.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
haha lol not air duh

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009471
Mobile Version of Website