Powered by Outside

Riders in Loughborough - Get in touch!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Riders in Loughborough - Get in touch!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 26, 2012 at 16:12 Quote
Looking for a few extra people to ride with who're in the loughbrough area. So yeah..Anyone?

I tend to ride at the swithland area in weekday evenings then Cannock at weekends, though I want to start travelling further afield.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 7:53 Quote
Hi,

Not quite Loughborough, but nearby - Worthington, I went to Swithland last year, rode around a bit, found a nice natural drop off, some very old small jumps - maybe I missed the best bits - I was at the high bit where there's an old water filled quarry thats fenced off.

What's it like down there recently, pretty muddy I'd guess? (got a new bike, bloody rain, when's it gonna stop!)

I tend to go to Grace Dieu woods for XC blasts, there's some DJ's there also, otherwise it's cannock when I can, and looking at visiting Llandegla in July as a special treat.

Would be going to Cannock this weekend, but it'll be 14 miles of mud and not much fun, so probably mess about in the local quarry on my dirt jumper till it clears.

Regards

Dan

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 12:09 Quote
Aup,

I've been digging the swithland area quite a bit recently. Opened up a few jumps and rebuilt some old ones, also made another northshore type drop and a few techy bits. More to come.

Over at Cannock I stick to the Stile Cop DH section, the patriot is to heavy for the XC trails!

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 14:23 Quote
There's been a good but of diggin going on over at Style cop recently a nice new run with some shore in it, will be tryin it out as soon as it stops raining. F

Posted: Oct 23, 2012 at 4:26 Quote
is there actually anyone in loughborough that rides?

Posted: Nov 3, 2012 at 18:20 Quote
Hi, im from loughborough, pretty much a beginner though but used to ride bmx. there's a few guys that ride here and around woodhouse eaves/quorn. I've never been to swithland, only to whitick where's some fairly nice downhill runs and trails through woodland.

Posted: Nov 5, 2012 at 3:47 Quote
ahh there is downhill life in this area then. i try and go to cannock when i can. dont know of anywhere appart from swithland to ride. its ok but the runs are short. started doing some building up there but it all got taken down.

Posted: Dec 28, 2012 at 11:26 Quote
Heyup im from loughbrough there are alot of bmx/trail spots around not been to any downhills tho.

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 1:57 Quote
I'm in the process of checking out a few new spots around the area, hopefully gunna find somewhere suitable to do some digging.

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 13:56 Quote
Shepshed here. Mainly ride the Whitwick woods in the week and Cannock on the odd weekend..

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 at 13:46 Quote
Not really done much riding through loughborough but there is some good runs in whitwick/thringstone and shepshed.
Been switherland woods quite a bit some good riding if you like them up.
Went cannock this morning, very good and they have improved it a lot since i last went.
Have any of you been to sherwood pines.

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 at 13:52 Quote
Have you been western park in leicesterctoo. Some dirt jumps over there

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 0:59 Quote
Yeah Iv been western park it is really good there but bit far form where I live so don't get to go to much. I have stared building my own jumps in my field now I have one jump and a rollin so far planing to build more + it is private land so it all legal and nothing anyone can do Smile

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 1:24 Quote
juggmeister wrote:
Shepshed here. Mainly ride the Whitwick woods in the week and Cannock on the odd weekend..
think ive seen you on the whitwick/thringstone trail it was a while ago, we always use to meet at the wheel and you road past us a few times.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013963
Mobile Version of Website