2012 Kona Entourage Forum!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Entourage Forum!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 20:33 Quote
I may or may not be mistaken, but I haven't seen a general discussion solely for the Kona Entourage yet! Post your pics, builds, general discussions, and all questions about the Entourage here!

Going to be a proud new owner of a 2012 frameset in black - many new upgrades on the way Big Grin

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 18:33 Quote
Just got one...... Rad ....

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 23:22 Quote
legatotek wrote:
Just got one...... Rad ....

Oh man mine is getting shipped since the order cleared just a few days ago...itching to get this thing and try it out. Pic's to come - it has a Fox 180 fork, X0 Carbon cranks and an RC4 w/Ti spring waiting for it... Smile

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 12:28 Quote
Fun bike : ) very playful .

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 16:37 Quote
Just ordered mine:

2012 Kona Entourage (wanted deluxe but sold out in NZ),
2012 Marzocchi 55 RC3 EVO Ti 170mm,
Gravity 777 bars with ODI Troy Lee Grips,
Easton Havoc Stem,
MRP Mini-G SL chainguide with E13 G-ring 34t,
SRAM X-9 Shifter,

Currently choosing pedals!

Can't wait to build and thrash!

Can I ask how tall you guys are and what size you got?

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 18:37 Quote
I rode a med I'm 5.10

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 23:06 Quote
I got one a large DLX frame a couple months back. Its pretty sweet so far. Just ditched the RC2 for an Xfusion Vector HLR Air shock. Need to get a few more things done on it and ditch the totem for a Lyrik Air fork and it should be dialed. The thing corners and jumps pretty dang good. Rides a lot like my 2009 stinky did, but a bit better. Can't wait to get out on the air shock. Here is the thread I started on it a while ago. changes since then have been a new 11-26 sram cassette, a blue Spank Spike stem, a blue Cane creek 110 headset (killed the CC 10 headset in 2 rides), and the shock. Stoked for the most part. Sittin pretty at 36lbs, but I think i can shave it down to 33.5-34lbs by the time I am through with it.

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 23:07 Quote
I'm 6ft and gone for a large! I do like a larger bike and don't like being cramped into the cockpit area.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 23:08 Quote
brmeyero wrote:
I'm 6ft and gone for a large! I do like a larger bike and don't like being cramped into the cockpit area.
I am 6'4" and got the large, and its a bit long for my taste, but I like a tighter cockpit on my bikes. Makes it easier to whip around.

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 23:15 Quote
I am 6'4" and got the large, and its a bit long for my taste, but I like a tighter cockpit on my bikes. Makes it easier to whip around.[/Quote]

Yah i learned they are long in the top tube so thinking I might have made a mistake.

Also haven't had a chance to test ride one so that doesn't help either.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 23:20 Quote
brmeyero wrote:
sortafast wrote:
I am 6'4" and got the large, and its a bit long for my taste, but I like a tighter cockpit on my bikes. Makes it easier to whip around.

Yah i learned they are long in the top tube so thinking I might have made a mistake.

Also haven't had a chance to test ride one so that doesn't help either.

Do what I did and get as short of a stem as you can find. I got a 35mm Spank Spike stem and it seems to be alright. If I could have gone 30mm I would have. I really wish they would have made the LG a 24" tt instead of the 24.5". Those 12mm would make a world of difference for anyone in the 6-6'5" height range. Also, another thing you might have to do (which I did) is to get a laid back seat post. Because of the stupid angle of the seat post I couldn't get the seat where I had enough clearance when it was as low as I like to run it. Its a pretty good riding frame, i have to admit that. But kona kind of screwed the pooch on a few things with it. I still miss my 09 stinky cause of it.

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 23:38 Quote
legatotek wrote:
Larrge!

How tall are you?

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 18:52 Quote
Any pics of your rides guys?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010006
Mobile Version of Website