Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

7 or 8 Inch travel freeride bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
7 or 8 Inch travel freeride bike?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 15:46 Quote
Snapped my stink cos there pretty crap...
any ideas what to get
was thinking demo?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 17:10 Quote
joshierascal wrote:
Snapped my stink cos there pretty crap...
any ideas what to get
was thinking demo?

demo sounds good, a friend got one to replace a banshee craparral

coldfusion?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 17:15 Quote
no dont go specialized. ckeck out transition blindsides. i have one and it is amazing. all transitions bikes are handmade and completely designed by riders. their service is fantastic and they are super helpful on the phone. they are a smaller company so they arent as expensive. check out transitionbikes.com its an amazing ride. 11/10 tup

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 17:22 Quote
alinelover wrote:
no dont go specialized. ckeck out transition blindsides. i have one and it is amazing. all transitions bikes are handmade and completely designed by riders. their service is fantastic and they are super helpful on the phone. they are a smaller company so they arent as expensive. check out transitionbikes.com its an amazing ride. 11/10 tup

'designed by riders'? what kind of bullshit is that? mike sinyard is a rider. i'm pretty sure that everyone who works at specialized is a rider, except the taiwanese builders, who are also employed by transition.

their bikes are damn nice, and their service completely murders specialized's, but that "rider-designed" crap really gets me. if one company makes the better bike, as long as they're not raping buddhist monks, they deserve your dollars

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 17:24 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
alinelover wrote:

'designed by riders'? what kind of bullshit is that? mike sinyard is a rider. i'm pretty sure that everyone who works at specialized is a rider, except the taiwanese builders, who are also employed by transition.

their bikes are damn nice, and their service completely murders specialized's, but that "rider-designed" crap really gets me. if one company makes the better bike, as long as they're not raping buddhist monks, they deserve your dollars

i just think supporting transition would be way better than supporting specialized. specialized is kinda the starbucks of biking Smile and transition is all handmade. oh and ive ridden a demo and my blindside and my blindside kills it Smile

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 17:28 Quote
alinelover wrote:

i just think supporting transition would be way better than supporting specialized. specialized is kinda the starbucks of biking Smile and transition is all handmade. oh and ive ridden a demo and my blindside and my blindside kills it Smile

fair enough. but how do you think companies GET big? supporting transition because they're small perpetuates an endless cycle (no pun intended)

trannys are built in taiwan, so they could tool up on a bigger scale so easily.

the only company i can think of that makes as much money as they want, on their own terms, is brooklyn machine works. other than that, they all just get bigger, until they;'re the dinosaurs everybody's fighting

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 17:30 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
alinelover wrote:

fair enough. but how do you think companies GET big? supporting transition because they're small perpetuates an endless cycle (no pun intended)

trannys are built in taiwan, so they could tool up on a bigger scale so easily.

the only company i can think of that makes as much money as they want, on their own terms, is brooklyn machine works. other than that, they all just get bigger, until they;'re the dinosaurs everybody's fighting

all the more reason to buy a transition nowBig Grin

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 18:33 Quote
nwd26 wrote:

a banshee craparral

lol lol lol

I had to point this out. Not making fun but it's Chaperrel.

The BS sounds good.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 18:46 Quote
I have a shore... So, i'll suggest you a shore!!! Surprise!!!! I have a 2007 version in small. I was surprised to see how small it was when i received it and you can easily move the bike in the air. The suspension is really progressive... I stil running the rear with a lot of sag while freeriding and it's really hard to reach the end of the travel. he bike also manual easy but i find it quite heavy little bit Confused ... but whatever, you get used to it.

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 3:06 Quote
transition is all handmade

everything is handmade...whether from a big company like Specialized or a small company like Transition, who both get their stuff made in Taiwan

or from a small builder working in America or England out of a garage...its all "handmade"

there is a myth that big companies use robots to build frames, ha ha

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 11:41 Quote
RockyMountainPride wrote:
nwd26 wrote:

a banshee craparral

lol lol lol

I had to point this out. Not making fun but it's Chaperrel.

The BS sounds good.

.....that was on purpose. but thanks anyways.

and btw, its "Chaparral".

if you're going to correct someone's spelling, get it f*cking right.

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 11:51 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
transition is all handmade

everything is handmade...whether from a big company like Specialized or a small company like Transition, who both get their stuff made in Taiwan

or from a small builder working in America or England out of a garage...its all "handmade"

there is a myth that big companies use robots to build frames, ha ha

are you sure? ive heard from many people that large companies use machines to built their bikes (not meaning robots) because there is such a high demand that they cant keep up. btw. transition is better than specialzed coming from someone who has ridden both Smile

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:18 Quote
alinelover wrote:
btw. transition is better than specialzed coming from someone who has ridden both Smile
^^that's your personal opinion...maybe when they have been around as long as specialized and cater to as many riding styles (ei. road, xc, FR/DH, DJ ect.) and age of riders you can say that they make better bikes. Also specialized is a rider owned and started and has stood the test of time. I guess we'll have to see if transition can say the same thing in 30 yrs or so.

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:29 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
alinelover wrote:
btw. transition is better than specialzed coming from someone who has ridden both Smile
^^that's your personal opinion...maybe when they have been around as long as specialized and cater to as many riding styles (ei. road, xc, FR/DH, DJ ect.) and age of riders you can say that they make better bikes. Also specialized is a rider owned and started and has stood the test of time. I guess we'll have to see if transition can say the same thing in 30 yrs or so.

well if you dont want a transition because of ur riding style dont get one. this guy asked for a 7-8 travel freeride bike and i recommended a blindside. this has nothing to do with other riding styles. and it doesnt matter if transition doesnt get as big as specialized. if ppl choose not to buy transition i think its just their loss. a good bike is a good bike no matter how "big" the company is

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:29 Quote
and yes it is my personal opinion, so what?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012022
Mobile Version of Website