Powered by Outside

Profile cranks VS odyssey thunderbolts

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Profile cranks VS odyssey thunderbolts
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 9:33 Quote
guys im looking in to buying a pair of new cranks. which are better the profiles or the thunderbolts. any opinion is great to hear. thanks you

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 14:27 Quote
prk1rider wrote:
guys im looking in to buying a pair of new cranks. which are better the profiles or the thunderbolts. any opinion is great to hear. thanks you
ive heard profile has a great warranty on their products but ive never seen a pair of snapped thunderbolts,its really just personal preference,i would buy profiles myself because of the warranty but like i said its all preference. the price difference isnt that big eitherSmile

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 15:27 Quote
MatW98 wrote:
prk1rider wrote:
ive heard profile has a great warranty on their products but ive never seen a pair of snapped thunderbolts,its really just personal preference,i would buy profiles myself because of the warranty but like i said its all preference. the price difference isnt that big eitherSmile
k i think im going with the profiles

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 15:51 Quote
profiles are nice for race bikes, it depend on your riding style and how hard you are on your bike.
do u want cranks that are gonna last only a few years or cranks that will last many years?

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 16:53 Quote
MatW98 wrote:
prk1rider wrote:

You do know that Odyssey's warranty is miles better than profile's warranty.

The thunderbolt's are also way stronger than profile cranks.

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 17:59 Quote
hawaii-rider wrote:
profiles are nice for race bikes, it depend on your riding style and how hard you are on your bike.
do want cranks that are gonna last only a few years or cranks that will last many years?
I ride street and park hardly djs.. i ride pretty hard.

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 20:35 Quote
maybe you should get thunderbolts if your into those. i love odyssey but i would never get there cranks, some people dont like the design, and the first two generations of those cranks were terrible.
i would only buy - stolen brand team cranks (the original first gen), and either one of the fit crank sets are great and probably the best.

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 7:18 Quote
prk1rider wrote:

get fit indents they are stronger than profile from my past experience and as far as odyssey thunderbolts go i have no idea, odyssey has really good parts but there cranks and bars arent up to par like they should be

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 13:31 Quote
ye there both good ideas but im also being a weight weenie when buying new cranks

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 13:43 Quote
there is a reason majority of pros are running profile cranks even when they arn't sponsered by them.

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 13:44 Quote
Wink Wink
Joedavidson wrote:
there is a reason majority of pros are running profile cranks even when they arn't sponsered by them.
ye that does make sense

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
prk1rider wrote:
ye there both good ideas but im also being a weight weenie when buying new cranks

The cranks is one area where I would absolutely not want to sacrifice weight for strength,a seatpost or seat yes,not cranks.

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 14:41 Quote
spyke wrote:
prk1rider wrote:

The cranks is one area where I would absolutely not want to sacrifice weight for strength,a seatpost or seat yes,not cranks.
ye but when has profile let alot of people down?

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 14:52 Quote
I don't know man,it's up to you,if you want profiles,then get profiles.

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 15:05 Quote
I'd also say profiles out of the two, I ran a set for a while and never had a problem. Unless you're a very hard and heavy rider that is.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.089603
Mobile Version of Website