Powered by Outside

What all mountain bike?

• Previous Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 8:30 Quote
Hi,
recently I've been falling in and out of love with my downhill bike and after thinking long and hard about it iv decided i'm going to sell it and get an all mountain bike for the time being.
the question is what bike do i get?
i have been looking around and have made a short list witch is...
Yeti sb66 carbon or alloy
orange five am
nukeproof mega am
yt wicked 160
and a trek slash
i was wondering if anyone has any experience with these bikes and if so whats your take?
any help is highly appreciated
cheers
Ross.

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 11:25 Quote
nukeproof mega is a really nice bike i've ridden my friends quite abit on the trails and it defo inspires confidence and with the right components it could be a park/mini dh bike as well

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 11:29 Quote
thanks,
im trying hard to get a ride on one its defo in the short list especially with the 160 one coming out this year
i have a scalp at the moment so if it rides anything like that does then il probably end up with one

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 8:41 Quote
got an SB-66 and i love it.

have riden every thing from road/XC/FR & DH on it and its great.

climb's really well and goes down again great!!

best thing you can do is to go try a few bikes.. whats right for one person might not be right for you.

Smile

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 0:05 Quote
I've just purchased a Ibis mojo HD and love it pedals like a hardtail and is amazing on the downhills. I considered a lot of the bikes on your list and they're all great bikes. Good luck.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 3:49 Quote
cheers guys,
i think im gona super short list it to a mega a five and a sb66
ive ridden a five before and it was just as good as they are made out to be
i haven't heard much on the sb66 but im going to try get ahold of one in the next few weeks for a ride
and im going to try get ahold of a mega too see what thats like because from previous experience nukeproof bikes ride amazing and they are great value for money, now i just need to try get my hands on both of them see what one i prefer
cheers guys !

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 4:26 Quote
Hi,
I was in the same dilemma and decided o. The new 2013 spec Norco Sight 2..... Not only does if handle the downhills very well indeed but is a very capable all mountain bike ghat will happily sit on all dayer trails too.... Up hill peddling performance is excellent too... I am very happy with its all roils performance....

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 4:30 Quote
what travel is it? im wanting something 140+ but preferably 150-160 sort of range

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 4:55 Quote
cowsie93 wrote:
cheers guys,
i think im gona super short list it to a mega a five and a sb66
ive ridden a five before and it was just as good as they are made out to be
i haven't heard much on the sb66 but im going to try get ahold of one in the next few weeks for a ride
and im going to try get ahold of a mega too see what thats like because from previous experience nukeproof bikes ride amazing and they are great value for money, now i just need to try get my hands on both of them see what one i prefer
cheers guys !

if you wanna make about a 1000 mile round trip i will let youhave a go on my SB-66.

im good like that!!!!

Wink

let us know what you end up with mate.

good luck.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 4:58 Quote
haha cheers man, im sure i can hire one at glentress for a day from alpine bikes
and i will do iv got to man up and sell my downhill bike first aswell will be sad to see it go

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 5:11 Quote
cowsie93 wrote:
haha cheers man, im sure i can hire one at glentress for a day from alpine bikes
and i will do iv got to man up and sell my downhill bike first aswell will be sad to see it go

Na get rid of it DH bikes are the devil...!!!

So you live near glentress then, well I take back my offer... I now hate you!!

Love glentress, been 2 years now and just planing the 3rd trip for sometime in may..

It's a great place to ride, was my first real ride on the SB last year when we went... The bike really is made for it... When people ask me about the bike I always refer to glentress.. It came in to its own, it like the bike was made in a shed at the top of spooky wood just to get back down to bottom the best way possible...

Also smashed it down Innerleithen while I was there and it ate that right up, as you live that way I'm sure you know what inners is like so for an AM bike to fly down there it must be quite good hey....

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 5:43 Quote
i live in perth witch is central for everything really its pretty good for riding i have to travel like 2 hours tops to get to rad places to ride, the thing is there's more downhill round my local area than there is all mountain stuff its just i cant drive to access much of it so i have to rely on lifts

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 9:02 Quote
cowsie93 wrote:
what travel is it? im wanting something 140+ but preferably 150-160 sort of range

Hi it's a140 but silky smooth up and down hills ... Check out type in Norco Sight 2 2013 and check out the reviews ... I was always a bit sceptical about the online reviews but I gotta say they are bang on with this bike... Bike of the year 2 years running too.....

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 9:04 Quote
ah sick il forsure give it a check, see if i can get my hands on one of them too for a test

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 9:30 Quote
For a refundable £50 deposit Evans Cycles will order you one in ... In your size... And allow you to tsst ride it locally .... It's all they could do to prise me off the thing when the test ride was up... I had to have it , the 24month interest free credit deal made it a total no brainier for me... Half an our later the beauty was in the back of my car on the way home.... The interesting bit was trying to explain it to the Missis !!!!!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009628
Mobile Version of Website