Powered by Outside

Anyone still riding Giant AC? post them here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone still riding Giant AC? post them here!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 2:41 Quote
Here's my ride after repaint and rebuild
photo

photo

photo

photo
SPECS:
Frame: Giant AC1 2005
Fork: Rockshox Domain 302 160MM uturn
Shock: Fox Float R
Front Wheel: Atomlab Pimplite with Atomlab Pimp Hub
Rear Wheel: Mavic 823 with Hope Hub

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 6:41 Quote
Wasmachineman-NL wrote:
That pic with the fog in the background is pimp, nice AC, Hows the Uturn fork?
Is that a drum from a washing machine on the last pic?

That Domain works good , just the compression a little bit fast, overall it is enough for me.

Haha ya , that was a part from a washing machine

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 22:17 Quote
joefong5693781 wrote:
PUSH

Nice AC! You've got a great build, this is how these frames were meant to be built up.
I'm working on another AC build right now, hope to have it finished in a month or so and then I will post pics.
Cheers

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 at 23:58 Quote
Here's my AC-2.
Just put the new Float on and will have a brand new rear shock within the next few days. Love these bikes.

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 3:45 Quote
poolguy55 wrote:
Here's my AC-2.
Just put the new Float on and will have a brand new rear shock within the next few days. Love these bikes.
NICE , what model is that shock?

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 3:45 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
joefong5693781 wrote:
PUSH

Nice AC! You've got a great build, this is how these frames were meant to be built up.
I'm working on another AC build right now, hope to have it finished in a month or so and then I will post pics.
Cheers
Hope to see it soon !!

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 3:50 Quote
photo
Just bought a new chain guide

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 9:41 Quote
poolguy55 wrote:
Here's my AC-2.

Love the Float upgrade! Looks like you are running Shimano XT brakes and shifters as well...I have the same on both of my AC's and it saved me a full 1/4lb over the stock stuff. If you get a Float RP2 or RP23 you bike will be on dialed AM machine. Love the AC's...keep the pics coming. I'll be posting some new one later this week of my latest build.

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 9:46 Quote
joefong5693781 wrote:
photo

Look like you've got a nice FR build going. You're current set-up would be great for Super-D and some of the shorter Enduro races. With the heavy and beefy 160mm front fork and the 1x9 drivetrain...why not run a coil rear shock?
Love the Fox Float's for an AM build but it seems a little light weight for your FR build. Just curious.

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 14:08 Quote
joefong5693781 wrote:
poolguy55 wrote:
Here's my AC-2.
NICE , what model is that shock?

Just the old school Rock Shox Pro DLX. I realize it's not the newest or greatest shock technology, but it always did what I asked it to until I grenaded it last week. I just ordered another one NOS from HippieTech suspension.

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
poolguy55 wrote:
Here's my AC-2.

Love the Float upgrade! Looks like you are running Shimano XT brakes and shifters as well...I have the same on both of my AC's and it saved me a full 1/4lb over the stock stuff. If you get a Float RP2 or RP23 you bike will be on dialed AM machine. Love the AC's...keep the pics coming. I'll be posting some new one later this week of my latest build.

Thanks man. Means a lot coming from one of the few AC officionados here. It's about to get a lot more parts hung on it soon. My company just started a wellness program that will reimburse me for anything I buy related to "wellness", which incidently, includes bike parts.
Get some pictures of that build on here stat!

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 21:25 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
joefong5693781 wrote:
photo

Look like you've got a nice FR build going. You're current set-up would be great for Super-D and some of the shorter Enduro races. With the heavy and beefy 160mm front fork and the 1x9 drivetrain...why not run a coil rear shock?
Love the Fox Float's for an AM build but it seems a little light weight for your FR build. Just curious.
Ya! It is smooth for me to do some freeriding. But i still finding coil shock with piggy back cause the shock length of ac is specific ( is ac can use both 7.5/7.875"?)
Float r is totally sucks although it weight like a plastic bottle

Posted: Mar 11, 2013 at 10:03 Quote
[/Quote]
Ya! It is smooth for me to do some freeriding. But i still finding coil shock with piggy back cause the shock length of ac is specific ( is ac can use both 7.5/7.875"?)
Float r is totally sucks although it weight like a plastic bottle[/Quote]

7.5 inch eye-to-eye is the reccommended.
You can run a 7.75 eye-to-eye but you will need to mount it in the forward position on the rocker arms.
Running a 7.75 inch shock will increase the travel of the front mounting position by about 1/2 inch.
So if you are a 7.75 inch shock in the 5.3inch mounting position you will actually have about 5.8 inches (150mm) of rear travel.
This actually balances very well with a 150-160mm front fork.
Running anything longer than a 7.75 inch shock will severely mess with frame geometry and ride characteristics and will likely make your lower rear swing arm hit your BB.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2013 at 20:15 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/ricerooster/2013-03-12194104.png
I've had her since '05 and built her from the frame up with upgrades throughout the years.

Frame: '03 AC1
Fork: '11 Fox VAN Rc2 Fit 160mm (just installed a few days agoSmile

Shock: '07 Fox DHX Air
Drivetrain: XTR, XT Crank, Azonic outlaw wheels, Kenda excavators 2.35
Brakes: Hayes el camino 203f/160r (not a big fan)
Controls: Easton vice, Easton monkey bar, ODI, Crank brothers mallet, Carbon seat post.

She's been everywhere from Bootleg to Central Texas and Cali. She's hurt me than I've hurt her (bar end to the chest causing a fractured rib) but I still can't stop riding her.....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.720398
Mobile Version of Website