Powered by Outside

The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 10:41 Quote
Awesome. Did anyone ever try one of these?
Thanks

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 10:18 Quote
Really nobody????
Come on guys I am very interested in getting a Idylle Air and a Void.
Need some help before dropping this kind of money...

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 10:36 Quote
I'm running an Idylle Air RaRe, and a Stoy Rare, super plush, haven't had them long enough to comment on reliability though.

So far super impressed!

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 10:02 Quote
Thank you for your feedback bike mavin. Anyone else tried these forks and shocks?

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 9:11 Quote
Been running a Stoy shock on my miniDH bike for now 8 months, faultless (and the shock is actually 3 years old), and runs much better than what I had tried before (or what I tried on other people's bikes). Only the CCDB matches the Stoy in my opinion.

And now running a Vip'r on my AM bike, muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than the original Fox Float CTD ... Rode the CTD about 30mi, then put it aside and got a Vip'r off a friend.

Only issue I have with the vipr is that considering my weight, and the ratio the frame has (slightly degressive), I have to pump quite a lot of air (320psi) to get a proper SAG and not bottom out too often. I would love to have a compression setting on it ... but it seems it'll be for the next BOS shock (that will be run by some French enduro factory riders this year).

Now for the forks, I've tried briefly and not-so-briefly Idylle and Deville forks. The Deville is weird at first (super sensitive on the first 30-40mm of travel) but once you get used to it, it's pretty good. Again, stock, it works better than the Float 36 or Lyriks (but you can eventually get close by modding them). But for the Idylle, the only drawback I see is the weight. Other than that, superb control, grip, comfort, ...

Oh and I don't work for BOS.

Main problem I see with BOS is that at first they advertised the made in France stuff, but now 90% of the production is Taiwanese, and then it's assembled in France. But then, that's just me. Smile

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 4:21 Quote
Ok I was looking to Chang my rear shock on my commencal meta AM So I emailed commencal asking can i fit a shock with a piggy back like fox dhx air . They said no I can not not enough space to fit a shock with a piggy back but then recomend a fox CTD or a BOSS viper .ok ok I already have the CTD fitted and I don't like it .so I came to this thread to look up Boss and noticed the on boss rear shock commencal said to use BOSS VIP.R has a piggy back mmmmmm think someone got somethink wrong somewhere ???

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 4:24 Quote
superbikes wrote:
Ok I was looking to Chang my rear shock on my commencal meta AM So I emailed commencal asking can i fit a shock with a piggy back like fox dhx air . They said no I can not not enough space to fit a shock with a piggy back but then recomend a fox CTD or a BOSS viper .ok ok I already have the CTD fitted and I don't like it .so I came to this thread to look up Boss and noticed the on boss rear shock commencal said to use BOSS VIP.R has a piggy back mmmmmm think someone got somethink wrong somewhere ???
woooops my mistake I read the name wrong I thought name of shock was under the pics lol

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 at 12:58 Quote
presitge your full of shit

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 at 16:14 Quote
theres only one BOS dealer in the us and canda , and its not you

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.267284
Mobile Version of Website