Powered by Outside

The Official Fox 40 Float Discussion And Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The Official Fox 40 Float Discussion And Owners Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 28, 2013 at 17:28 Quote
Hey,
with the recent release of the all new Fox 40 Float (previously known as RAD standing for Racing Application Development) I thought I would start a thread for owners or people interested in the fork. This is a general discussion thread for the new 40. If you have any questions or comments about it, this is the place.

Rules:
Stay on topic.
No spamming.
Your thoughts on a topic are in fact opinions! You're welcome to share them, but others may not agree.
NO Boxxer vs 40 or 888 vs 40 etc! The question has been answered a thousand times and it just comes down to opinion and personal prefference.

Links to the new fork:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/First-Ride-Air-Sprung-Fox-40-Float-RC2-Fork--The-Truth-is-Reveal.html

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/FOX-Air-40-video-2013.html

I have a 40 Float one pre-order, anyone else in the same boat?

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 17:42 Quote
I know a few people who have already received theirs on oreorder

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 17:45 Quote
juniorpnwdh wrote:
I know a few people who have already received theirs on oreorder

Who were they ordering from?

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 17:56 Quote
One from a lbs and one straight from fox

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 18:01 Quote
I didn't know fox did direct orders. In Canada we have to order from OGC. Mine was suppose to already arrive but I was told they had QC issues and had to resolve that, but it should apparently be here soon. I'm on the same order as Adam Mantle so it should be a rushed order.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 1:07 Quote
I got mine 3 weeks ago. My lbs ordered it in February.

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 10:55 Quote
stormrider194 wrote:
I got mine 3 weeks ago. My lbs ordered it in February.
First impressions? vs. the old 40 and other forks youve ridden.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 11:29 Quote
The first thing you notice is the weight. I can't believe the difference. The fork is very linear, it feels just like a coil but smoother. The adjustments are the same as before but they seen to be more sensitive. You will notice every adjustment you make. I live close to N* and they open Friday. I will finally be able to put this thing to a proper test. I will give a full ride report Friday night.

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 11:37 Quote
^ Nice. Thanks. Im going up next Sat, maybe Fri too. Cant wait for some pow time.

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 12:47 Quote
Mines arriving Friday, but I won't be able to use it till my bikes built. Anyone know where to buy the other negative springs from?

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 14:07 Quote
You can only buy them from Fox. I'm 235lb and the spring works fine for me. Are you looking for a softer or firmer spring?

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 14:55 Quote
Softer, I weigh 130.

Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 14:07 Quote
My fork just arrived, biked over to pick it up, and I still don't believe there is a fork inside that box, it's so light. I biked home with it without problems. I'm going dirtjumping now, but when I get home I'll take it of the box and snap some photos.

Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 14:49 Quote
Updates people!!!!

Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 16:02 Quote
My bike's almost built, I'll post pictures when it's complete in a couple days.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.084750
Mobile Version of Website