Powered by Outside

Official trail dog owners thread!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Official trail dog owners thread!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 9:42 Quote
Hey guys i noticed there wasn't a thread for people with trail dogs and trail dogs are awesome so umm.... HERE IT IS!!! Please stay respectful and keep the inappropriate stuff to a minimum please! ALL DOGS WELCOME!!! Please feel free to your dog, I'd perfer big dogs tbh but as long as its not like a chuahua the its all good!

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 10:54 Quote
here's something apropriate then, this little puppy was living free close to our trail but we haven't seen him in a while, i guess he found a home Smile

Views: 1,183    Faves: 3    Comments: 31

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 11:56 Quote
My dog loves the trails we do a 32miles once a fortnight. In the week we do easy route 10miles in the evening.
Marley is a 18months old Beagle Harrier, i will find a pic out show you him running on the trails he's great company for me.

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 12:01 Quote
Carlin7142 wrote:
My dog loves the trails we do a 32miles once a fortnight. In the week we do easy route 10miles in the evening.
Marley is a 18months old Beagle Harrier, i will find a pic out show you him running on the trails he's great company for me.
sweet!

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 12:03 Quote
heres my little girl she just turned 6 weeks old just yesterday! cant wait til shes about 30lbs and i can start trail training her!
Awwww so friggen cute i don t even know what to do

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 12:18 Quote
Sweet just don't over do it first build them up slowly Marley learnt from 9months he was on the lead for while learnt to trot along he's only had his nose once near the front tire lol!!!

We started off just going for ride round the field went further and further slowly, just don't push them. Nowadays hes happy with 32 miles but i wouldn't try anymore unless its over a long period but we do have 40mins rest halfway so he can stretch and just relax little. He usually has little nap then where off again.

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 12:24 Quote
photo
House WOOD Pile
My Dog. She loves to go biking. She can still go swimming in a pond that is on a bike loop after 12 miles of biking before hand. She is a rescue dog, last owner kept her on a chain, and beat her all the time. I'd say she has a much better life now!

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 12:37 Quote
Getting my little GSP puppy in a month, will be a while until she hits the trails, but can't wait to start training her! Awesome thread Idea! Smile ! training tips welcomed!!

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 13:46 Quote
These threads are always fun. For ideas, check this one out! Not to derail this thread but I flat out LOVE me some dogs. My dog is in there somewhere, I will try to find them to post here & will spread the word on this one as well.http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/trail-dog-passion-674225.html

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 14:18 Quote
Carlin7142 wrote:
Sweet just don't over do it first build them up slowly Marley learnt from 9months he was on the lead for while learnt to trot along he's only had his nose once near the front tire lol!!!

We started off just going for ride round the field went further and further slowly, just don't push them. Nowadays hes happy with 32 miles but i wouldn't try anymore unless its over a long period but we do have 40mins rest halfway so he can stretch and just relax little. He usually has little nap then where off again.
thats awesome advice! and that sounds totally doable on my part which is also good since im a 16 year old and i get excited and Carried away easily!

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 16:20 Quote
TNFking wrote:
photo
House WOOD Pile
My Dog. She loves to go biking. She can still go swimming in a pond that is on a bike loop after 12 miles of biking before hand. She is a rescue dog, last owner kept her on a chain, and beat her all the time. I'd say she has a much better life now!
absolutely the best trail dog story I've ever gotten the pleasure of reading! That's awesome what a beautiful dog can't beleive people have it with them to beat such beautiful creatures, or beat anything at all really, gotta love seeing rescue dogs so happy turns a bad day to the great day when you see such joy and loyalty from a pet!

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 16:58 Quote
+1 awesome story!

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 17:04 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
+1 awesome story!
so SoCal do you have a dog?

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 17:17 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:
+1 awesome story!
Have a Golden Retriever! A relationship split has him with his mommy. I see him when I want/need! I will search out pics to post. Hes 5 1/2 & it kills me to be away from him.

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 17:18 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:
+1 awesome story!
Have a Golden Retriever! A relationship split has him with his mommy. I see him when I want/need! I will search out pics to post. Hes 5 1/2 & it kills me to be away from him.
awwww that's so sad! Ex gf?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019403
Mobile Version of Website