Powered by Outside

what do you do for a living?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
what do you do for a living?
Posted: Jan 30, 2014 at 21:02 Quote
Usually I smear rock and play in the dirt.... some times I lay pipe and run hose if I have to. What do you guys do for a living?

Posted: Jan 30, 2014 at 21:03 Quote
Im a finish grader hand is what I meant to say.

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 21:27 Quote
Trail Builder / Ski Patrol / Pilot

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 5:45 Quote
Student now, finally went back to school. But I was a tow truck driver. Loved that job.

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 4:05 Quote
Ford line technician. Hate it. Going back to university to do something else as soon as I can.

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 23:19 Quote
Engineering, usually small batch parts for a small company.

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 at 20:51 Quote
Im a gas fitter its not as fun as it sounds but it pays bills

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 20:34 Quote
jetpilot wrote:

Who do you fly for? I'm currently Hour Building...

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 21:31 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
jetpilot wrote:

Hour building for your commercial?
I spent 2 years on a DC-10 for Kelowna Flightcraft, and now I'm finishing up my instructor rating in order to start teaching this spring here in Nelson.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 22:02 Quote
jetpilot wrote:
matt-jenkins wrote:
jetpilot wrote:

I spent 2 years on a DC-10 for Kelowna Flightcraft, and now I'm finishing up my instructor rating in order to start teaching this spring here in Nelson.

Yup, working on the CPL currently here in Langley. Going to get my Multi IFR and Float when the CPL is done and then head north...
was the DC-10 your first gig as a professional pilot?

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 at 7:51 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
jetpilot wrote:
matt-jenkins wrote:

Yup, working on the CPL currently here in Langley. Going to get my Multi IFR and Float when the CPL is done and then head north...

Nice! I've thought about doing floats too, but people tell me it's difficult (if not impossible) to score your 1st float job in BC.
Ya DC-10 was my 1st (although I did previously train for the 727, just never operated it). I felt pretty lucky to be on a wide body for my 1st gig!

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2014 at 8:00 Quote
jetpilot wrote:
matt-jenkins wrote:
jetpilot wrote:

Nice! I've thought about doing floats too, but people tell me it's difficult (if not impossible) to score your 1st float job in BC.
Ya DC-10 was my 1st (although I did previously train for the 727, just never operated it). I felt pretty lucky to be on a wide body for my 1st gig!

No shit! I've pretty much come to terms with being stuck in a 180 or something like that flying around buttf*ck nowhere for my first job or two, however right seat in a wide body would be a great gig...
Floats might be a little ambitious, but in the world of aviation its a cheap endorsement to have under my belt so why not.

Posted: Mar 2, 2014 at 12:07 Quote
I am a welder at a structural shop building skids and buildings for the oil field. I apprenticed at a pipe shop so I also have lots of experience in that field of the trade.

Posted: Mar 13, 2014 at 12:12 Quote
I work in Managed IT Services.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012961
Mobile Version of Website