pinkbike going to the dogs?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
pinkbike going to the dogs?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
this may only be my personal opinon but from what ive seen lately pinkbike is getting a lot worse, ive acctulley stopped checking it lately cause of it, the people that use this site are all either really mean, some are dumb, and some are just plane a$$e$, the advice i read people giving on here is getting worse, it seems almost like no one knows what there talking about anymore. do the users of this site even ride bikes? seriously. read the POD and VOD comments, but seriously what has happend to this site?

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
i agree with you, people are getting REALLY out of line. if people read this, make sure of one thing, GET off this site

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
so you are saying that pinkbike is bad now,i think it's better than the previous version

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
P2urban wrote:
i agree with you, people are getting REALLY out of line. if people read this, make sure of one thing, GET off this site

you read this...so wouldn't that mean you should get off this site...just sayin...

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
P2urban wrote:

you read this...so wouldn't that mean you should get off this site...just sayin...

their everyone, a perfect example.

it is kind of getting annoying. you ask a question about something you don't know about and i even say "sorry i don't know to much about this type of stuff, i'm trying to learn" and 9/10 people just flam and call me a "choober noober" or other stupid things like that.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
I definatly spent more time on the old site. I rarely post now. Maybe the old pinkbike family is growing up and has no need for the site anymore, but pinkbike has definately chaged for me.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
odin333 wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:
P2urban wrote:

it is kind of getting annoying. you ask a question about something you don't know about and i even say "sorry i don't know to much about this type of stuff, i'm trying to learn" and 9/10 people just flam and call me a "choober noober" or other stupid things like that.

was this an attack against me because he was telling people to get off this site when it is in no way up to him to chose who is allowed or not allowed on this site, i agree there are some rather bad posters but i find that the number of good posters out weighs the bad posters(in the bmx section atleast, thats useually where i like to help out)...

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:39 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
odin333 wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:

was this an attack against me because he was telling people to get off this site when it is in no way up to him to chose who is allowed or not allowed on this site, i agree there are some rather bad posters but i find that the number of good posters out weighs the bad posters(in the bmx section atleast, thats useually where i like to help out)...

i never said that you did anything wrong. it just wasn't the time to make a joke about this thats all.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
magicaltrevor wrote:
I definatly spent more time on the old site. I rarely post now. Maybe the old pinkbike family is growing up and has no need for the site anymore, but pinkbike has definately chaged for me.
same here bud

I agree too, I find the attitude is really conformist and elitist. You know, it's like if you don't ride argyles, single speed and one brake, than we hate you and you know nothing, which is stupid. Giving one's opinion, or just trying to learn is dismissed and you get flamed. I'm guessing it's mostly a bunch of punk ass kids, who don't know nuthin', are spoiled and just want to get attention or look cool. But this really sucks, because it destroys the threads of the forum; just for example the weight weenie forum, everyone his now just fighting over what a street bike is. And if anyone who's just staring or isn't rich posts their bike, they get flamed and the bike is a pos, which must be really hard to take if it's where your at. Personally, I want to encourage people in the sport, not put them down, for no good reason other than the fact that they don't have a Mob. Geez

the new site is better and easier to use, but its not the same as the old one. theres a lot more people i think and its just a bunch of kids talking like they know a lot about everything.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
Our mods need to be more ban-happy

I am new here so I don't really know how good the old pinkbike was, but "ppl who r typin lik dis n sht yo" are getting to my nerves.

Bit of a hi-jack but can we put a sub-forum specifically for the "B.I.K.E." games? It's more easy that way for everyone.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
odin333 wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:
P2urban wrote:

There is about 2% of the people on here that are knowledgeable, 10% are asses and the other 88% need help...which is why that 2% exists.

I agree that certain things are amiss on Pinkbike...but for the most part is a great site to post your questions and seek information. The only time I lay into someone is if they come off sideways and clearly don't know 1st hand what they are talking about...and miss lead people with incorrect and sometimes dangerous info. If I don't know what to say or the correct answer I pass on trying to answer and if I am wrong I am the first to point it out...less is more.

I think that pinkbike deserves our support and gratitude as a place that you can be free to express your opinions (in proper context) and ask questions that are difficult and for some to ask that question in a bike shop or a circle of friends in real time, it would lead to a face to face flame. Reality is Flames on here are mostly harmless and you should shrug them off...

Though I am always suspisious of the motives of others I clearly accept all you little biker buddys as a part of my cycling family. I know that I speak for that 2% and the other 88%...that other 10% will feel my wrath.

Hang in there guys...as a team we can clean things up.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
odin333 wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:

There is about 2% of the people on here that are knowledgeable, 10% are asses and the other 88% need help...which is why that 2% exists.

I agree that certain things are amiss on Pinkbike...but for the most part is a great site to post your questions and seek information. The only time I lay into someone is if they come off sideways and clearly don't know 1st hand what they are talking about...and miss lead people with incorrect and sometimes dangerous info. If I don't know what to say or the correct answer I pass on trying to answer and if I am wrong I am the first to point it out...less is more.

I think that pinkbike deserves our support and gratitude as a place that you can be free to express your opinions (in proper context) and ask questions that are difficult and for some to ask that question in a bike shop or a circle of friends in real time, it would lead to a face to face flame. Reality is Flames on here are mostly harmless and you should shrug them off...

Though I am always suspisious of the motives of others I clearly accept all you little biker buddys as a part of my cycling family. I know that I speak for that 2% and the other 88%...that other 10% will feel my wrath.

what group would you put me in?
its questions like theese that are killing the site

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
maestroforlife wrote:
odin333 wrote:

what group would you put me in?

Doesn't matter what group I think you belong in. It is more what group you feel you belong in.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008756
Mobile Version of Website