New bike time!

• Previous Page
Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 20:24 Quote
I am looking for a new DJ urban rider. Mainly for commuting and some recreational use. I have two bikes in mind the KHS dj24 and the specialized p series.
Any recommendations would be much obliged! Cheers!

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
diabolic-diabetic wrote:
I am looking for a new DJ urban rider. Mainly for commuting and some recreational use. I have two bikes in mind the KHS dj24 and the specialized p series.

I recommend you NS Holy 1 (500$) or Ns Metropolis 2 (800$).

KHS 24 dont seems nice bike.... Specialized P is good for DJ but not for Street ride.

Regards!

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 21:30 Quote
diabolic-diabetic wrote:

The 2013 Specialized P.Street is intended as a casual/commuting/rec bike. The other P. bikes are "hardcore" DJ bikes. Note the description in this link:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/2013-Specialized-P-Series-Bike-first-look.html

The P.Street, a new addition to the P.Series family of bikes for 2013, draws its inspiration from the dirt/park/street lifestyle that the P.Series represents, while offering the A-to-B practicality of a traditional geared mountain bike. No, it isn't intended as a pure street or park bike, but the entry level P.Street features disc brakes, a 31.8mm handlebar and stem combo, street-specific tires, a strong suspension fork, and a two-ring drivetrain with a bash guard that allow the bike to handle abuse while still remaining user friendly for getting around.

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 21:42 Quote
I recommend you NS Holy 1 (500$) or Ns Metropolis 2 (800$).

KHS 24 dont seems nice bike.... Specialized P is good for DJ but not for Street ride.

Regards![/Quote]

Thank man, I will check them out.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 21:44 Quote
diabolic-diabetic wrote:

When you say "recreational use" are you going to be hitting dirt jumps? Are you wanting to learn stuff like 180 and 360 bunnyhops, manuals, etc.on street?

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 21:45 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
diabolic-diabetic wrote:

The 2013 Specialized P.Street is intended as a casual/commuting/rec bike. The other P. bikes are "hardcore" DJ bikes. Note the description in this link:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/2013-Specialized-P-Series-Bike-first-look.html

The P.Street, a new addition to the P.Series family of bikes for 2013, draws its inspiration from the dirt/park/street lifestyle that the P.Series represents, while offering the A-to-B practicality of a traditional geared mountain bike. No, it isn't intended as a pure street or park bike, but the entry level P.Street features disc brakes, a 31.8mm handlebar and stem combo, street-specific tires, a strong suspension fork, and a two-ring drivetrain with a bash guard that allow the bike to handle abuse while still remaining user friendly for getting around.

photo

photo

That red one is SEXAY!!!! But I would prefer geared. Is there any pro's or con's to geometry of either of the bikes that you posted? I really love the geo of the red one, but I know for commuting it's not going to make a difference however I like to have some fun when I commute... I.e. manuals and spins off some stairs etc etc

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 22:15 Quote
diabolic-diabetic wrote:
That red one is SEXAY!!!! But I would prefer geared. Is there any pro's or con's to geometry of either of the bikes that you posted? I really love the geo of the red one, but I know for commuting it's not going to make a difference however I like to have some fun when I commute... I.e. manuals and spins off some stairs etc etc

Geared DJ bikes on street are sort of retro at this point.

What you're talking about reminds me of the early MTB street videos with Aaron Chase and Jeff Lenosky.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vApUMdQXkoU

So, you could pick up a 2008 Giant STP 1 or something. (The new Giant STP is only singlespeed, as far as I know:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/stp.ss/14995/66142/ )
; )
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/razz-101/stp1.jpghttp://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?125912-new-08-stp1

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 23:01 Quote
Only reason I prefer a geared bike is because I am selling my 2013 se om flyer 26 racer and I am sick of pedaling my ass off. That bike you posted though however is pretty nice looking, love the angles and setup...I am very new to the DJ scene but it seems to be everything that I am looking for in a bike, I am just having a crazy time finding one best for me.

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 16:38 Quote
Check craigslist as well as the Buy/Sell forum here on pinkbike.

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 18:20 Quote
How committed are you to finding a bike to do stuff with? If you're only casual about it, any of these will be great bikes for just having fun, but several will be a pain for commuting with. The same goes inversely- if you can foresee yourself really getting into DJ/street, pony up for a real, dedicated DJ/Street bike. Believe me on this one, I tried to do DJ halfway the first time and I ended up eating a huge loss on my bike so I could have an excuse to buy a real DJ. Now that I'm on my void, I couldn't be happier.

p.s if you can, leave an hour earlier and take the time to enjoy your ride.

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 21:13 Quote
LindLTaylor wrote:
How committed are you to finding a bike to do stuff with? If you're only casual about it, any of these will be great bikes for just having fun, but several will be a pain for commuting with. The same goes inversely- if you can foresee yourself really getting into DJ/street, pony up for a real, dedicated DJ/Street bike. Believe me on this one, I tried to do DJ halfway the first time and I ended up eating a huge loss on my bike so I could have an excuse to buy a real DJ. Now that I'm on my void, I couldn't be happier.

Agree!

I used to ride bmx only, for many years, then singlespeed DJ. Most recently I have a Transition Double with 1X9 gearing. So while I used to be kinda anti-gears, now I kinda like 1X9. If you look up 4x bikes, you'll find some good stuff.

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 16:39 Quote
LindLTaylor wrote:

Awesome. Thanks for the help! I typically leave earlier to make better time and not be in a rush. However as much as I wish I could afford a higher end bike, I've been looking at mainly the specialized p street 2. However I did a comparison and the difference between the p street 1 and the 2 are hardly noticeable. If anyone has any suggestions in the 600-700 dollar range it would be much appreciated.

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 23:49 Quote
diabolic-diabetic wrote:
LindLTaylor wrote:

Awesome. Thanks for the help! I typically leave earlier to make better time and not be in a rush. However as much as I wish I could afford a higher end bike, I've been looking at mainly the specialized p street 2. However I did a comparison and the difference between the p street 1 and the 2 are hardly noticeable. If anyone has any suggestions in the 600-700 dollar range it would be much appreciated.

Ok . . . I admit, the P.Street sounds like it might be good for you. BUT, as logical as it is, I just have to warn you, the P.Street is just not a cool bike. It's basically built for people who appreciate dirt jump but don't actually do it. A better way to appreciate DJ (even if you barely do it) is to get a real DJ bike.

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 23:52 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
diabolic-diabetic wrote:
LindLTaylor wrote:

Ok . . . I admit, the P.Street sounds like it might be good for you. BUT, as logical as it is, I just have to warn you, the P.Street is just not a cool bike. It's basically built for people who appreciate dirt jump but don't actually do it. A better way to appreciate DJ (even if you barely do it) is to get a real DJ bike.

Any suggestions within the price range? That I would be able to order in two weeks tops? Biking is my main method of transportation and I'm selling my bike this weekend to a friend.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011716
Mobile Version of Website