Powered by Outside

Need Admin

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 7:35 Quote
Hi there.

I represent the River Valley Cycling association in Fredericton, New Brunswick. We would like to populate trailforks with content for our area but not sure how to break the ice and get a designated moderator or admin. We don't seem to have "trusted" users in our area at this time since there is no content for our region uploaded yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

www.rivervalleycycling.com

Fred

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 13:53 Quote
We communicated via email, your association is all setup and admin access given to the Fredericton region.

For others reading this, you can apply to become a region admin by filling out a form linked at the bottom of each region page.
photo

Also make sure your trail association is already setup in the PB Places Directory https://www.pinkbike.com/directory/category/1/trail-association/

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 9:55 Quote
I'm trying to help Fred get this started today. I've added trail content and Fred has approved it as an admin yet it's still not published? I try to confirm it myself but I have no trust score. Are we missing a step here?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 16:25 Quote
I will look into it now, seems there might be a bug. We have a huge surge of content being added too.
Sounds like your doing it correct.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 18:30 Quote
I found the problem and its fixed, the change should be live soon.

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 4:43 Quote
Thank you sir. Fix worked.

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 20:55 Quote
I'm seeing the same thing--tried to add a city, a riding area and a trail. I can't confirm anything because I don't have a high enough 'trust score'. How do I go about building one?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 21:49 Quote
This is slightly different. But you build trust by contributing content to the site that gets confirmed/approved
http://www.trailforks.com/help/view/5/

You need at least 1 trust to start confirming or rejecting content, this is to reduce abuse from brand new accounts.

Posted: Jan 13, 2015 at 10:25 Quote
I'm having the same problem as ChrisNorfolk. I've been granted administrator rights for a region in Costa Rica called Los Senderos de Colón but when I add a trail they remain unpublished. I contacted a mod and he said that it appeared to be a bug and fixed it for the first two trails I added, but now I've added 7 more and they all remain unpublished so it seems the bug wasn't completely fixed.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 13, 2015 at 17:32 Quote
castpack wrote:
I'm having the same problem as ChrisNorfolk. I've been granted administrator rights for a region in Costa Rica called Los Senderos de Colón but when I add a trail they remain unpublished. I contacted a mod and he said that it appeared to be a bug and fixed it for the first two trails I added, but now I've added 7 more and they all remain unpublished so it seems the bug wasn't completely fixed.

Weird, not sure why this is happening, I will try and track the problem down and fix it tonight. I will also publish all the stuff you added that is sitting unpublished.

Costa Rica! That is a place i need to go Smile

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 13, 2015 at 18:47 Quote
WOOHOO I finally found how this happens. If you have regional admin and add trails FROM that region page, it all works fine. But if you add a trail from the main contribute page (where the region isn't pre-selected for you) then the trail was getting set to unpublished if you add it to a region you manage.

I have fixed this now.

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 15:07 Quote
I am having an issue similar to this. (Described above)
I did a number of minor updates to trails in a certain area.
Now they are all unpublished.....

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 15:44 Quote
Should these all be re-published?

photo

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
It appears that every trail edit I perform results in the trail becoming unpublished.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013642
Mobile Version of Website