Powered by Outside

Giant STP frame info?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant STP frame info?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
I'm thinking of getting an 08 Giant STP frame.

Was just wondering what kind of headset it would need as Giants seem to be using integrated(or is it internal) headsets now?

Does the frame have have chainguide mounts and what size is the BB (68mm)?

Any idea on frame weight would be good as I want a like bike, already got Pike 454 Air U-turn for the new bike as I might be racing some 4X this year and don't want to buy a more 4X specific frame if I really get into it.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
The BB is a 73mm, The BB also doesn't have tabs that I can see...never had to look that close.

They use a semi-integrated type headset. There are several options out there for you...However if your buying the frame new I suspect that it maye come with the headset.

Other wise...Tange, Syncros, Cane Creek, and V-One all make headsets that will work just fine.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 6:40 Quote
does any one know the frame weight of them?

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
Same, need to know weight.

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 6:26 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
The BB is a 73mm, The BB also doesn't have tabs that I can see...never had to look that close.

They use a semi-integrated type headset. There are several options out there for you...However if your buying the frame new I suspect that it maye come with the headset.

Other wise...Tange, Syncros, Cane Creek, and V-One all make headsets that will work just fine.
, yah ey always come with a headset... as for the bb... chainguide... I am sending you a couple of links... one ios through the Canadian website, the other through the U.S. i have had two of these,a nd can tell you they rock. The frame feels heavy compared to others in the same catagory, but when you ride it you just can't feel the weight. I normally ride a 3-4 lb frame, so when I bought th STP2 i was thrilled except for the weight(weightweenie) but then I don't do any DH or freeride, just dirtjumping and street. here you go... http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-CA/bikes/mountain/1749/30728/

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/mountain/1286/29384/

BTW I have a feeling the frame weighs in around 6 LBS. maybe 7

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 6:30 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
I'm thinking of getting an 08 Giant STP frame.

Was just wondering what kind of headset it would need as Giants seem to be using integrated(or is it internal) headsets now?

Does the frame have have chainguide mounts and what size is the BB (68mm)?

Any idea on frame weight would be good as I want a like bike, already got Pike 454 Air U-turn for the new bike as I might be racing some 4X this year and don't want to buy a more 4X specific frame if I really get into it.
THE BIKE WILL TAKE IT! TRUST ME! I ahd a PIKE SL and ran it at 140 all the time... it rolled beautifully

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 6:50 Quote
the long size weighs 4.7 pounds

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
CHIPPER4X wrote:
it does? WTF I must really be a puss then... LMAO it felt heavier than that...

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
CHIPPER4X wrote:
are you sure? where did you find that...sounds too good to be true, although i have heard that the stp is very light

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 9:11 Quote
I've got an STP frame now and it's no heavier than Pike 454 Air u-turn

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
ya, they're a nice weight... mine is down to 29 pounds... i think i'm done with upgrades, except the truvativ guide has got to go... it's poo poo... looking at an e13 LG1

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 7:07 Quote
size M frame weights 2090g (4,608lbs).

mine is built strictly für 4X use and weights in at 10,74kg (23,68lbs) at the moment.
the STP frame is a good base for a reliable and light bike. i like it.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 3:51 Quote
73mm bb, no it dosnt have chain guide mounts- you will have to use an iscg mount in your bb

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 7:27 Quote
CHIPPER4X wrote:
thats rediculious the avg. bmx frame is 5lbs.
and where did you get 4.7?

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 7:35 Quote
you can buy the full bike for 299 with chain guide and just upgrade it

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012891
Mobile Version of Website