Powered by Outside

29er Tire Choices

PB Forum :: 29ers
29er Tire Choices
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 13:07 Quote
Hey Y'all,

Looking for peoples top choices for an aggressive all mountain tire. Running an ardent front and rear right now. Definitely need something a little more aggro in the front. So, this really is a what are the aggressive riders on 29's rocking up front question.

Thank you.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 1:56 Quote
Really enjoying the new 2015 Nobby Nic
Totally different tyre to the previous version.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 7:29 Quote
hey I'm also looking for a more aggressive tire for my 29er have found anything appealing yet but I'm sure to check out these 2015 Nobby nics. Were they pricey?

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 7:34 Quote
What kind of terrain are you riding? Hardtail or F/S? These factors affect your choices.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 9:56 Quote
Panaracer Rampage 29 x 2.35. Feels light and grippy .

29 x 2.35

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
Fully suspended Kona Process 111. Ride all sorts of terrain. From Loose/Dry to wetter loam. Ordered a Minion DHF.

That Panaracer looks fantastic.

Posted: May 16, 2015 at 20:56 Quote
The Maxxis hr2's are what I'm running atm. The DHF 2.50 look pretty interesting though

Posted: May 17, 2015 at 11:20 Quote
franklinwm wrote:
Hey Y'all,

Looking for peoples top choices for an aggressive all mountain tire. Running an ardent front and rear right now. Definitely need something a little more aggro in the front. So, this really is a what are the aggressive riders on 29's rocking up front question.

Thank you.
I've got a Specialized camber at the moment and it's currently still on the 2.3 and 2.1 (as standard) ground control tyres just wondering what's the widest I can go please and the next suitable for up woodland areas

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 1:01 Quote
I run specialized tires on my 29 Stumpy.

For aggressive trail riding I run Purgatory 2.3 front and Fast Trak 2.2 rear. The fast track look a little flimsy but it has good grip and rolls fast! For more muddy conditions I put a ground control rear.

I really like the combo with an aggressive tire up front.

This is for my local forests. In the alps rocky lift access I run Butcher front and Purgatory rear, this a good grip but heavy combination.

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 0:17 Quote
Running HR2 front MinionSS rear on a Carbine 29
Great combo for all but the deepest mud/dust.

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 19:01 Quote
I had an Ardent/Crossmark combo and wanted something more for the front. Moved the Ardent to the back and got the Michelin Wild Rock'r in the harder compound, and it's amazing. f*cking heavy, but it has ridiculous amounts of grip, and you need extra protection on my local trails, it has a goddamn tough casing. Would highly recommend.

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 5:23 Quote
Most of my crew are now on some form of the DHF up front on the 29ners. 2.3 gives a tremendous amount of traction to weight ratio, and I have few bro's on the big 2.5 which they claim is magical. LOL On the rear the DHR2 is our choice for getting rowdy, but for summer conditions I am on the Forekaster.

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
2014 E29 here. Currently on a Spec Butcher Control front and worn High Roller II out back, both 2.3 wide.

I'll be moving to wider rims soon (29mm internal vs 23mm internal) and am planning to run a 2.5 Minion DHF up front, but unsure of what to look at for a slightly wider rear tire. Any suggestions? Ardent 2.4?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014336
Mobile Version of Website