The pinkbike hangover thread! (feel free to moan/post cures)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The pinkbike hangover thread! (feel free to moan/post cures)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 1:57 Quote
Well, Its 10:10 am, and I feel like somebody took a pick-axe to my head!
As I sit here and stew in my own alchoholic juices, drinking yet more beer to attempt to cure the hangover. It makes me wonder.

Who else in in a similar boat?

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 2:37 Quote
howdy jack, long time no see. still holding down england? even with the hangover? good. Lets see, my hangover in Swindon was pretty solid... but i had a cute blonde to help me with that.

I can tell you a 2hr drive back to Derby did not help it at all.

But honestly a solid ROAD ride will cure ya. Its smooth, its energetic, and you can smell yourself sweating out the liquor.

Other tricks: water. gatorade. just pound it down, because as soon as its in, its fixing the dehydration aspect (headache, sore eyes, muscle tiredness).

Or just getting up and battling it out. Greasy food too. I think the grease neutralizes the acids. hell even if it doesnt, its a great placebo effect.

water, advil, pretend its not there. Give'r.

cheers!

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 2:56 Quote
Howdy!, yeah greasy foods amazing in any situation where you feel bad. Got a bacon sandwich down and now have a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside!

Ive not got any girls to help, I tried but no dice
Theres allways next week

I really do need to get out on the bike. some nice easy dirt jumps I think
If I ride on the road i allmost allways nearly get run over

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 3:24 Quote
dirt jumping with a hangover?? i tried that once, the dirt didnt taste so good.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
well. its 4:25 am... and i'm once again completely drunk

Tomorows hangover cure will be sleep and poweraid i think...... and im not gonna drink again... ever... seeing as i fell asleep in the club and a bouncer woke me up......

Oh the fun......

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
I find eating helps very much... Dennys is now a standard for me in the morning

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
Gatorade and Subway. Makes you feel clean haha

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 23:13 Quote
The road ride, worked the last time, I had one. But from it appears I don't seem to get hangovers, except when I drink Tequila. but I either Swim, Ride my bike on some nice smooth pavement, hop on the elliptical trainer, and throwback as much Gatorade as I can find.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 7:22 Quote
I find that having a bottle of water or gatorade BEFORE you go to bed is the best thing. The tough part about that is, normally I am to hammered to remember by that time. But getting those liquids in you before you go to sleep will make a big difference in the morning.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
I've found a cure for hangovers!

I went to the local spot and did some digging and felt amazing after half an hour!

Stunning

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
beer-breath wrote:
I find that having a bottle of water or gatorade BEFORE you go to bed is the best thing. The tough part about that is, normally I am to hammered to remember by that time. But getting those liquids in you before you go to sleep will make a big difference in the morning.

When I was living in Australia it was pretty common to put a large glass of water next to my bed BEFORE going out. If I was feeling lucky sometimes I would put two glasses of water next to my bed.

Having it there saved me several very bad mornings.

I find that a bit of greasy food and a road ride usually make things a lot better.

I appreciate you going through all this trouble to provide us with the best hangover cure. Big Grin

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
Glass of water and a banana is also a good before-bed remedy.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
I'm always too drunk to remember to that stuff.

Saturday hurt. A lot. I don't remember friday night but apparently i had a few firsts. First time getting drunk in red deer. First time getting kicked out of a bar. First time for drunk dialing. First time hurling over myself. And I believe the first time I've been drugged. I broke out in hives and i don't remember a thing Confused

Maybe it was a good thing i hurled over myself. If that was the intentions I'm sure that would of detured the guy.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
-ito- wrote:
I appreciate you going through all this trouble to provide us with the best hangover cure. Big Grin

There is a long hard road ahead of me, but I shall soldier on regardless Salute

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
This is a well-needed thread. A little while back when I turned legal, I had it rough. I managed not to puke, which I think in turn made the hang-over even worse, and I seriosuly just remember thinking around 4 a.m that I should start searching the net for hangover cures in advance. Needless to say I awoke to find myself passed out in front of my monitor (all bruised and everything), but lo' and behold my screen contained the perfect hangover cure that I had drunk googled the night before apparently.

Basically, it was:
1. try to get down two electro-lyte type drinks before bed.
2. eat some bread before bed.
3. set your alarm for one hour before you need to get up and then at that time, take two advil, pee (obviously), then drink more water or gatorade.
4. when you wake up, the advil will be in full effect hopefully, and you should eat some of the leftover pizza (or fries, or anything greasy) for breakfast.

Edit: I appreacitate this too, we defiantly should all report back each sat. or sun. (or any day, I guess) to see if we have found some that work or not.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017354
Mobile Version of Website