Powered by Outside

Coil on Bronson V2

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Coil on Bronson V2
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone is running a dhx2 on the bronson. If so, how does it feel compared to the previous shock. Im deciding between the X2 and the DHX2. Is the bike too linear for a coil?

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 7:11 Quote
Someone at the MTBR forum has a 11/6 coil shock on the Bronson V2

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 15:10 Quote
I think the X 2 Float would be the best , as you can make the shock more progressive in the mid stroke .

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 12:46 Quote
I run a cane creek coil and love the feel of the coil over the air. My team mate runs the air shock. They both ride great just depends on what you want

Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
I've just got a float x2 on my v1 Bronson and didn't think in would ride much different but my god I couldn't of been more worng just perfect in every way

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 12:51 Quote
I ran a dhx2 on my 2016 Bronson and it was epic.

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 8:30 Quote
I ran a dhx rc2 on my 2017 bronson

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
One of my mechanics just put a coil on his Bronson...
Coil shock on Bronson V2
Coil shock on Bronson V2

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 9:15 Quote
kylecoleman1 wrote:
Coil shock on Bronson V2
Coil shock on Bronson V2
Is that alloy ? .

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 5:30 Quote
woollahra wrote:
kylecoleman1 wrote:
Coil shock on Bronson V2
Coil shock on Bronson V2
Is that alloy ? .

Yes, this is the alloy Bronson.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 15:34 Quote
I have a 2017 alloy Bronson that is set up with an Elka stage 5 coil shock, a Metric fork I converted to coil with vengeance parts, 26x2.8 rear wheel, 27.5x2.8 front.

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 11:15 Quote
i have a bronson v2 and the CTD shock that's on there feels great for climbing but going through rock gardens and taking drops it feels pretty harsh even when its all the way open and rebound is as slow as possible, so i've been looking at a DHX2 with a climb switch. any one else run this set up yet?

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 18:46 Quote
sosburn wrote:
i have a bronson v2 and the CTD shock that's on there feels great for climbing but going through rock gardens and taking drops it feels pretty harsh even when its all the way open and rebound is as slow as possible, so i've been looking at a DHX2 with a climb switch. any one else run this set up yet?
Have you added any volume spaces to the air can from stock ? . This will help . Running you shock with slow rebound will kill your frame

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 22:50 Quote
woollahra wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Have you added any volume spaces to the air can from stock ? . This will help . Running you shock with slow rebound will kill your frame
no i haven't, do those just change the way that it bottoms out/ramps up towards the end of the stroke?

also another weird question, i know that the standard shock size is 200x57, has anyone ever tried long-shocking a bronson? i know it's been done with hightowers to get 150mm instead of 135mm, and i was thinking of putting a 216x63 coil shock on mine, but wanted to see if that would even make sense.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 9:20 Quote
sosburn wrote:
woollahra wrote:
sosburn wrote:
no i haven't, do those just change the way that it bottoms out/ramps up towards the end of the stroke?

also another weird question, i know that the standard shock size is 200x57, has anyone ever tried long-shocking a bronson? i know it's been done with hightowers to get 150mm instead of 135mm, and i was thinking of putting a 216x63 coil shock on mine, but wanted to see if that would even make sense.
Using the wrong shock length sounds like a bad idea and an expensive exercise. YES the volume spacers change the mid and end stroke of the shock/ bottom out. The factory spacing is way too soft . Try the volume spaces ! . All the info is on the net, there very easy to install , no tools required . Your local bike shop should be able to order the spacers.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016222
Mobile Version of Website