Powered by Outside

Anyone buy parts straight from wholesale stores in asia ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anyone buy parts straight from wholesale stores in asia ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 6:55 Quote
I was wondering if anyone was getting high end parts from the company's in asia? 70%-80% parts are made in ASIA any way and the prices are crazy low but only if you get them in LOT of 10-up and bikes no less than 5. For a carbon 2006 S-works frame they gave me a quote in dollars 120-160.They said someting like what kind of weave do i want 3K or 12K i have no clue what the hell they are talking about. For a 06 Nomad bike with crazy spec X.0, Fox 36rc2, Chris King , hayes-9 $900 + $300 shipping to the states by fedEX you can pay by PAYPAL, ESCROW, Bank transfers, Western union and so on. I did call the company but they wanna no less than 5 bikes in one size and color if more than 5 any size and 3 colors. I seen ZIPP 404 go for $600, XTR 2007 cranks for crazy low price.. SO my question is did anyone get some parts from ASIA straight from the companys that make them ? and if yes how is the warranty working in that case if you get items in ASIA and send them to States or Europe? thanx for any info on it..

And i did a search on the company's from the Taipei International Cycle Show and just E-mail them and later i called them to Asia.. http://www.taipeicycle.com.tw/

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
So USPS deliver the box to my house from TAIWAN that i order some days ago. I order SRAM X.0 parts straight from the wholesaler in TAIWAN. For the long cage assembly with bearings jokey wheels, spring and screws all 06/07 year model OEM in OEM box $8.43 each Smile so its time to put some on EBAY. Different wholesaler quote me for 2007 ROCK SHOX BOXXER WORLD CUP $510 if i buy 10 of them, less then $500 if i buy more, so that is why they sell them so cheap on Ebay they get them from ASIA for shure. 2007 Easton EC70 carbon from 30-36 dollars depends how many i will buy i wanna get EC90 for that price. And this company ROX i will get every color that they have http://www.sheng-an.com.tw/Goldbeater.html
KARBONA have a very good price list all carbon and FSA white handlebar go for crazy low price all OEM in bulk package like they sell computer parts in bulk 20 plextors DVD-RW for 15 or less..Taiwan is my place to get the parts from now on, just gatta call more wholesalers for the price lists Smile Shipping its not bad from Taiwan by EMS or TNT International and no TAX / VAT in the states so it cant get better than that.. and what is funny that MERIDA bikes company makes parts for laptops and cameras like canon they go all the way to make a $$$
photo

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
plz list all the sites u have! i'm very interested

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
liquidxerox

You see the thing is that most of company's in ASIA that are make`n HIGH_END parts dont call them self by the product name like lets say GIANT, frames are made in company's that have total different name and address. If you try to buy Giant frame and E-mail Giant they will give you their price not the price of the company that really made the frame. Few days ago i found out that TREK bikes are made in 14 different places just in TAIWAN, all of them got different names of the company's and all 14 of them make the same TREK bikes. They will sell a bike frame with out a logo for less, same frame with company logo for a little more. All 2006 -2007 models you can get crazy low price. Like you go on E-bay and see lets say 2005 NEW OEM Boxxers for 400 USD, who the hell keeps for 3 years items in the warehouse ? no one Smile coz they will loose the money and kill the space, they get them from the warehouse, distributors in Asia for low price and sell them as OLD STOCK (thats BS) on that Bike Expo page you will find all the companys that make the bike parts in Asia and E-mail them and ask for what they have as older parts from 2005-06-07 and price list, they will be more than happy to sell it to you. Someone has the carbon Lapierre frames on Ebay with out the logo and i was wondering why no logo? WTF? and now i know why Smile OFF TOPIC: 2006 Yamaha JetSki from $900 but you cant register the f*n thing cos they dont come with Title ehheheh all OEM NEW. I just start searching for the companys coz its a great way to make a $$ and i`am not buying sh*t in the States no more, its a rip off compare to what cost them to make the freakin thing in Asia and no wonder everything is made there now from shoes to HD-TVs and top of the line Bikes all TAIWAN .. My freakin Transition bike is made in Taiwan hehehe and in the states $4000-$5000 heheheh and there ? i bet less than $1000 with Taxes, Shipping and other Bull sh*t.. SO PEOPLE SERACH THAT EXPO SITE and send E-mails and ask how much for 1 item /10 items /50 items... my next bike is 2006 Santa Cruz Nomad made in Taiwan heheh for the price of the XTR crank in USA ehhehe

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 8:10 Quote
Hi haronyc,
Sorry my again i dont find what i looking for can you please help me because i wont to order in Taiwan .if you send my some links i be pleased.I hope that i can order to because i am from Belgium.I hope that my english is good and that you understand what i mean
Kindly regards Moodoc

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
Hey man,

I was wondering if you could give me some links to Marzocchi and Rockshox from these Taiwan websites? I tried searching for these wholesalers there and I can't find a thing! Thanks very much, I would really like to by a new front fork...or 10!!

-Justin

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 10:48 Quote
I'd fork out enought $$ to buy 10 forks, just to get them 500-600 cheaper per fork!! HELL YA!

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
Hey anyone know the e-mail to these taiwan sites? Thanks in advance!

-Justin

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 23:22 Quote
haronyc wrote:
For a 06 Nomad bike with crazy spec X.0, Fox 36rc2, Chris King , hayes-9 $900 + $300 shipping

thats funny
cuz the Santa Cruz VPP bikes arnt made in asia.
theyre made in oregon.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 23:47 Quote
Wanna bet on it?

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 23:55 Quote
jf951 wrote:
haronyc wrote:
For a 06 Nomad bike with crazy spec X.0, Fox 36rc2, Chris King , hayes-9 $900 + $300 shipping

thats funny
cuz the Santa Cruz VPP bikes arnt made in asia.
theyre made in oregon.
lol lol lol lol lol

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 23:55 Quote
thejster wrote:
Hey anyone know the e-mail to these taiwan sites? Thanks in advance!

-Justin

If a wholesaler sold straight to the end customer they would lose their distributorship. I've tried.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
The trouble with buying stuff wholesale from Asia is that there is no trademark infringement laws to prosecute by over there. So you could actually be buying the real thing or a highend knockoff and not know the differnce until there is mechanical failure. There was an instance of this somewhere in Cali, I remember reading it sometime ago in MBA or some other biking publication, that a bike shop was getting parts directly from an OEM wholesaler in Asia that was not actually affiliated with the real company, the shop bought something like 100,000 worth of product, come to find out this stuff was crap and not the real thing. So when it came time to warranty the damaged parts, which were coming in now on a regualr basis, the company which was labeled as the one the parts were being manufactured for would not warranty the parts because they were not their parts, but fruadulent parts made by a company with a shadow plant cranking out parts that were duplicates of the real parts, but not actually to the same specs as the real deal. By this time the plant was shut down and moved on to another location and setup shop to start making more. The unfortunate thing is the shop that sold these knochoff parts was forced to close due to bancruptcy caused by lawsuits filed by consumers that bought the fake parts.

Ultimately beware of what you buy coming out of Asia. It could be the real thing, but it could be a closely represented copt too!

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 0:02 Quote
hey mate.
i had a look at that link you sent and when i search a company, such as sram, the email address comes up as alice@sram.com or something like that.
surely that e-mail address is not for the manufacturer of sram parts.
did you just type in the name of the company you wanted the priducts of and send an e-mail to the address?
thanks for all your help
max

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 3:04 Quote
After a little research on this it seems this ebay shop is doing just that http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CARBON-ACCESSORY. I think i'll have to look into this, though as has been said you won't really know what your getting. Could anyone tell me what the minimum order number is for most suppliers?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035968
Mobile Version of Website