Powered by Outside

Post your Propain!

• Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 14:17 Quote
Hey guys,

I see all sorts of "post your own etc." threads but haven't seen one for Propain. I recently picked up a 2016 Tyee alloy and wanted to share my experiences with it, and see what other owners thought and if they had any tips for setting up the bikes etc.

First off I will say that this bike is awesome. Not sure if the sizing just fits me really well or that its longer than my last trail bike but I feel more confident on this than any other trail bike Ive owned, feels like I am on my DH bike. Was hitting jumps that Ive avoided in the past and just overall didn't feel worried to hit any features. Corners like a demon, the geometry is very well balanced at this size. As far as set up goes for reference I am 165 lbs and 6 foot. Im riding an XL and it fits me perfect. Running the shock at about 220 psi and the fork at around 80 but still messing with pressures, feels pretty good where it is. The rear seems quite linear, may add some bands to the shock.

photo

photo

So there you go. Feel free to post your bike, or anyone thinking of getting one I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Cheers!

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 5:24 Quote
photo
Only trail/enduro bikes or do DH rigs work as well?

FL
Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
photo
Only trail/enduro bikes or do DH rigs work as well?

DH rigs welcome for sure. How do you find it with the coil?

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
I actually ordered it with the ccdb air. But it was out of stock and I would had to wait a month to get it. Now I am soooooo satisfied with the coil and wouldnt change it for the world (fu** that 0.5kg weight penalty ;-) )! Its super plush and sensitive. Love it!

Its 15.9kg incl pedals.

Here is it in action:

[YT=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PMwzYRwUJyY]

[YT=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpaUs2L8lUI]

FL
Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 21:36 Quote
Nice riding bud! Those home trails look unreal! Yeah never cared about a lil weight if the performance is much better, may try the coil on the tyee at some point but the monarch is pretty good for now.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 22:20 Quote

Whilst this isn't my propain, I though I would include it. Cool

FL
Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 13:27 Quote
BlackDiamondTV wrote:

Whilst this isn't my propain, I though I would include it. Cool

Sooooo nice. stoked to see the wc team doing well on those frames this year

FL
Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 13:27 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/457351/

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 22:12 Quote
I'm looking at maybe getting a Tyee or a Spindrift, any help as to how they climb and also does the shock get scratched/too muddy in that position?
Churrrrrrr

FL
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 22:28 Quote
declanmtb wrote:
I'm looking at maybe getting a Tyee or a Spindrift, any help as to how they climb and also does the shock get scratched/too muddy in that position?
Churrrrrrr

Can't speak for the spindrift but the tyee climbs very well, find myself getting up stuff I would spin out on with other bikes. back wheel just kind of gets out of the way of everything no awkward hangups its hard to explain. shock seems fine havent done much mud yet but has a small fender to keep stuff off the stantion of the shock, reckon its no worse than most bikes!

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 13:29 Quote
I really want one of these things. How is their support in the US?

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 18:56 Quote
dirtrider76 wrote:

I was very interested in a Spindrift, noticed shipping to the US wasn't listed, then shot them an email a few months back. Response is as follows:

"Hello,

i´m sorry but we can´t sell or ship to the usa.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Robby Gläss

Propain Bicycles GmbH
Schachenstr. 39
88267 Vogt

Tel.: +49 (0) 751 - 20 18 02 - 22

info@propain-bikes.com"

No response when pressed as to why, unfortunately.

FL
Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 23:23 Quote
MtbRacer97 wrote:
dirtrider76 wrote:

I was very interested in a Spindrift, noticed shipping to the US wasn't listed, then shot them an email a few months back. Response is as follows:

"Hello,

i´m sorry but we can´t sell or ship to the usa.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Robby Gläss

info@propain-bikes.com"

No response when pressed as to why, unfortunately.

Yeah seems strange dont think they ship to canada either. Wonder if that will change

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
Pretty whack that they ship to New Zealand but not to USA or Canada

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013791
Mobile Version of Website