Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 14:08 Quote
Hey Process 111 Riders, I'd love to see your builds and hear your experiences. I've got on on the way, so tell me how great life will be!

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 17:48 Quote
Maiden Voyage Perfect weather drizzly damp and fun I love fall riding.

Maiden voyage today. Super happy with it, but am going to change the rear shock out pretty soon.
The one installed is all clapped out.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Maiden Voyage Perfect weather drizzly damp and fun I love fall riding.

Maiden voyage today. Super happy with it, but am going to change the rear shock out pretty soon.
The one installed is all clapped out.

Looking sweet. Are you running a 120mm fork? Is it used? Only ask cause you mention it's a maiden voyage, and I didn't think they offered the 2017s in black (wish they did!).

Saw my frame at the shop again and pretty stoked to ride it. But, I'm gonna wait till the spring after the heavy slop season passes. It's hardtail season..

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 6:42 Quote
It’s a 2015 in eggplant (matte purple) the fork is set to 140.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 8:17 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

I like that Purple better than the yellow I got too, haha.

How's it with the 140? Hear mixed reviews. That's how I'll be running mine.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 14:13 Quote
JesseE wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

I like that Purple better than the yellow I got too, haha.

How's it with the 140? Hear mixed reviews. That's how I'll be running mine.

I have read the reviews but coming from the Honzo with the same fork, i barely notice the difference. The other part that helps is that i am running a 51mm trail fork and a 2mm spacer under the stem making the front end rather low. I would consider going with a 130 shaft when I need to tear the fork down for a service. I just ordered a new rear shock (monarch RT3 with a standard air can) the one on there is a RL which is either open or closed but because there is a debonair can installed the closed cannot keep up. Kona designed the bike to be ridden with a standard air can, so i went that route!

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 6:27 Quote
2014 111 DL; compared with a '14 153. Pike is set to 140mm, and Monarch has a Debonair can.

111 vs. 153 2014

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 6:45 Quote
Those look like fun!

How did you get along with the larger air can? I started with my Process having the Debonair can installed and recently went to a standard air can. it was a world of different. The Debonair made the bike feel sluggish with the suspension being really active. Switched to standard can and the bike just feels sharper and more composed... I tried everything with the bigger air can, the full range of bands to nothing and it just never got right.

Next step is to find a new fork, looking at a Lyrik or 36, just cannot decide yet.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
I bought both bikes used (in fact all my bikes are used), and debonair came with it. I don’t ride the 111 much since I got it for my wife, so I don’t mess with the shock too much. I do like it, although I’ve read that the these bikes were designed to have more linear leverage curves debonair cans may not be the most optimal for them.

I still enjoy how it feels as a XC ripper, and with aluminum rims it has a very plush feeling.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
So theee months in and I’m super happy with the decision to get this bike. I will say the move back to he standard rear shock was an improvement... only limitation at this point is my pike. Hopefully going to have the $ to pickup a new lyrik, or a 36. We shall see. I like the idea of a travel assist fork that runs 150-120.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 20:50 Quote
photo

Made a change... swapped out the pike for a 130mm travel Fox 36. This weekend will determine if it was worth it but all signs say it was a good move!

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 14:22 Quote
New Process 111 after first ride
2016 Kona Process 111. Just finished...well till my Archer Components D1x arrives Tuesday
X-Fusion Trace HLR Fork, X-Fusion O2 Pro RCX shock, X-Fusion manic dropper, GX Eagle group, SRAM Guide R brakes, Spike vibrocore handlebar, custom wheels (Stan’s Flow rims with DT 350 front and Hope Pro2Evo rear)
Love it

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 14:31 Quote
Sweet rides, Process bros. I just took mine to my mechanic to have a few bits installed (properly) and it should be ready to roll in a week or so. Can't wait. Just need this dump ice to melt off the trails...

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 16:27 Quote
photo

photo

Nice build. Love the fusion stuff you picked up...

Been messing with the idea of making my own frame bag for some potential backpacking excursions this summer. Made a cardboard version to see how it would all fit together. Digging the flow around the rear shock and the curve of the seatpost line. Not sure of capacity but I’m digging the idea of it all. Deciding where I want to put zippers and straps... recently went back to 140mm travel up front missed the extra travel and slack front end for speed fun.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 20:10 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
photo

photo

Nice build. Love the fusion stuff you picked up...

Been messing with the idea of making my own frame bag for some potential backpacking excursions this summer. Made a cardboard version to see how it would all fit together. Digging the flow around the rear shock and the curve of the seatpost line. Not sure of capacity but I’m digging the idea of it all. Deciding where I want to put zippers and straps... recently went back to 140mm travel up front missed the extra travel and slack front end for speed fun.

Like the idea you have for storage there. Definitely post pics if/when you complete it.

I'm loving XF stuff so far...first I've had on a bike...had always gone for RS and wanted something unique when I built my bike. Waiting on derailleur hanger tool tomorrow....mucked hanger up on the ride right before the pic I took...gotta straighten it out, as right now, I have an Eagle RD that won't go into 10 tooth and desperately wants to meet the spokes.
D1X arrive tomorrow....really interested to see how that wireless shift works.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022065
Mobile Version of Website