Powered by Outside

2018 Scott Genius Shock Replacement

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2018 Scott Genius Shock Replacement
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
Hey Guys,

I have a 2018 Scott Tuned size XL coming my way and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck putting a piggy back shock on this bike the XL seems to have more room at the mounting point than any of the other sizes but I'm torn between trying a Super Deluxe or a DPX2 if anyone has any feedback I'd love to hear it.

FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2018 at 0:19 Quote
so? how did it go?

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 7:14 Quote
pheelthenuke wrote:
Update?

.You can fit a SuperDeluxe as seen on Remy Absalons bike in the last enduro

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 10:19 Quote
I'm definitely curious to find the answer to this question, myself.

We know the Superdeluxe fits, but no word on whether the superdeluxe coil fits. I just received my 900 tuned this week. Sometime in the next month or so, I'll take a crack at ordering a Superdeluxe coil if I don't hear anything soon. I'm racing the Revelstoke heli-enduro this year, and I definitely want to run a coil this time around.

KillaK801 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have a 2018 Scott Tuned size XL coming my way and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck putting a piggy back shock on this bike the XL seems to have more room at the mounting point than any of the other sizes but I'm torn between trying a Super Deluxe or a DPX2 if anyone has any feedback I'd love to hear it.

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 22:56 Quote
I have a medium 700 tuned coming has everyone confirmed a DPX2 is out of the question?

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 19:50 Quote
Well, I can rule out the super deluxe coil for you. It’s not even close, which makes me concerned even about the dpx2

tilldeathfilms wrote:
I have a medium 700 tuned coming has everyone confirmed a DPX2 is out of the question?

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 5:00 Quote
Any idea about the DVO Topaz ?
I saw a rider with a Suntour Triair at Les Orres Enduro series, the topaz looks similar.

I'm considering buying an alloy Genius and installing a real shock. Problem is removing the remote on the fork

Posted: Sep 2, 2018 at 11:14 Quote
Why would you buy a Genius and then remove one of it's USPs by changing the shock?

Surely if you don't want the reduced travel mode, you'd be better going for a different make of bike?

Posted: Sep 13, 2018 at 22:02 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:
Why would you buy a Genius and then remove one of it's USPs by changing the shock?

Rockshox make a super deluxe with a remote lever. If you wanted a beefier shock with piggyback reservoir, but still have a 'climb mode' available via remote lever, then that would be one reason to use a different shock.

https://goo.gl/images/uJDiKo

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 21:23 Quote
Will a super deluxe with remote lockout work on this bike? I'm about to order a genius.

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 20:15 Quote
CalebMaddox wrote:
Will a super deluxe with remote lockout work on this bike? I'm about to order a genius.

I don't know if the super deluxe in that pic had a remote or not. If it did, and it works, that'd be awesome.

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 1:43 Quote
I tried to fit Super Deluxe RT Remote into 2018 Genius 940 L size and it does not fit. It may fit and work when you remove the cable spool assembly, but it will eventually get into collision with frame. At least when talking about proper trunnion mount shock, you may want to revert to traditional mounted shock and have piggyback on top, but that goes a long way from simple shock swap. So, no Super Deluxe RTR for this bike.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 17:16 Quote
Hi, wondering if anyone wants to sell their rear shock off the genius. I could use one. Thanks

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
I know this thread is old now but you can fit a Rockshox deluxe RCT as long as you remove the LSC knob. Otherwise under full compression the knob hits the cradle. That’s the case on my Alloy genius anyway.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012481
Mobile Version of Website