All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 25, 2018 at 8:23 Quote
Anybody have inside info on when they will be available in the US?

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 23:22 Quote
According to Commencal's website, you can buy a whole bike in September and just the frame in October.

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
Anyone ride one of these yet? Trying to find out how this thing is gonna climb on the Colorado front range being this heavy (looking at the team replica).

FL
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 9:21 Quote
the-salaminizer wrote:
Anyone ride one of these yet? Trying to find out how this thing is gonna climb on the Colorado front range being this heavy (looking at the team replica).

Hi. I got my AM29 Team Edition last week. Haven't had much opportunity to get out yet, but I'm loving it. Big step up from my Commencal Meta AM 2012 26" - really confidence inspiring and I've already ticked off some features I previously bottled. This bike carries a lot of momentum and has speed in abundance. It's also really quiet with none of the riding clatter and twang I'm used to.

I've no idea what riding conditions are in Colorado, but on my local trails in Scotland I've found the bike climbs well considering it's downhill capabilities. The 1x12 gearing is certainly a big part of that (compared to my old 36t chainring and 1x10) but the coil shock seems to provide good traction too. I was able to climb some loose, steep climbs with less effort than the old bike. I'm looking forwards to testing it on some rocky technical climbs.

The Team Edition looks awesome. The Fabric saddle was instantly comfy. First impressions of the Guide RE brakes are good. Not a fan of the Renthal grips and changed them for ODI Ruffians, but that's just personal choice.

There's a few really good detailed reviews online including PB's Mike Kazimer's. If you are looking for a lean and light climbing machine, then the AM29 probably ain't for you, but if you are willing to work a little bit harder on the ups for a lot of confidence and speed on the downs, then go for it.

Hope this helps you decide.

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 9:29 Quote
Looks like they'll have some to demo in a week or 2 at the location in Golden!

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
Malky79 wrote:
the-salaminizer wrote:

Hi. I got my AM29 Team Edition last week. Haven't had much opportunity to get out yet, but I'm loving it. Big step up from my Commencal Meta AM 2012 26" - really confidence inspiring and I've already ticked off some features I previously bottled. This bike carries a lot of momentum and has speed in abundance. It's also really quiet with none of the riding clatter and twang I'm used to.

I've no idea what riding conditions are in Colorado, but on my local trails in Scotland I've found the bike climbs well considering it's downhill capabilities. The 1x12 gearing is certainly a big part of that (compared to my old 36t chainring and 1x10) but the coil shock seems to provide good traction too. I was able to climb some loose, steep climbs with less effort than the old bike. I'm looking forwards to testing it on some rocky technical climbs.

The Team Edition looks awesome. The Fabric saddle was instantly comfy. First impressions of the Guide RE brakes are good. Not a fan of the Renthal grips and changed them for ODI Ruffians, but that's just personal choice.

There's a few really good detailed reviews online including PB's Mike Kazimer's. If you are looking for a lean and light climbing machine, then the AM29 probably ain't for you, but if you are willing to work a little bit harder on the ups for a lot of confidence and speed on the downs, then go for it.

Hope this helps you decide.

Thats good to hear. We have long steep fire roads to climb and I just want to make sure it doesn't feel like you're dragging an anchor up the mountain. Not looking to be the first one up, just the fastest one down.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 0:18 Quote
Looks like there are more specific availability dates on the Commencal web page. For the Essential Brushed model the date is March 7th, and February 26th for Essential Sand. I already put the pre-order. Anyone else waiting?

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
Eagerly awaiting mine to come in! Off the bike due to breaking my shoulder and can't wait to get back to riding.

This is what I was told by Commencal regarding the Signature Brushed model:
wrote:
Availability for this model is day 5 of March.
We will begin shipments for pre-orders first on day 6th and 7.

But now the XL model says May 2019... Confused
Essential Brushed is still on for the 7th of March, so I'm keeping my hopes up as the frame itself should be the same.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 1:02 Quote
Looks like the Essential model will be shipping with the GRIP cartridge instead of FIT4. I don't know when they changed it, but I like the change. I'm very happy with the GRIP fork on my current bike, but don't neccessarily need the adjustment of the GRIP2.

FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
Just ordered a SRAM edition after demo'ing this Signature last week. Epic bike that climbed really well considering it's descending capabilities.

photo

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
BT180 wrote:
Just ordered a SRAM edition after demo'ing this Signature last week. Epic bike that climbed really well considering it's descending capabilities.

photo

A lot of folks are worrying about the weight of the bike. Did you find it heavy?

FL
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
PeaFunk wrote:
A lot of folks are worrying about the weight of the bike. Did you find it heavy?

Was one KG heavier than my carbon Strive and it wasn't really noticeable. Depends whet bike you're coming from I guess, but the seating position is pretty good so it's a comfortable climber. The SRAM version saves almost a KG on the Signature due to the air shock, so it should be a bit more playful.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 3:45 Quote
Hi, considering ordering one but I'm hesitating about whether to go with an M or a size L. I'm 172 cm and coming from a specialized enduro 29 2015 M size with 425 mm of reach and I thing that it is a little short for me. So hesitant to go to M size meta as the reach is only 1 cm longer and the top tube horizontal is even shorter than the enduro because of the steeper seat angle. Wondering about ordering an L size because I've got a long inseam so seattube length won't be a problem. However wondering how that 460 mm reach will go for my size. Are there any short guys on the L size ?

FL
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
BT180 wrote:
PeaFunk wrote:
Im considering the same order, also coming off a strive. What size strive have you got and what size meta did you order?

Was one KG heavier than my carbon Strive and it wasn't really noticeable. Depends whet bike you're coming from I guess, but the seating position is pretty good so it's a comfortable climber. The SRAM version saves almost a KG on the Signature due to the air shock, so it should be a bit more playful.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
Got my XL Meta 29 today! According to Strava i beat my previous record on a local descent by 10 seconds (4 minutes total length on a Giant Reign). On my second run, I can't even believe it, wasn't even trying. Big Grin

Such a sick bike, also I don't think it's heavy, at least not noticable compared to the Reign I had before.

photo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018570
Mobile Version of Website