Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 21:48 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
photo

photo

Starting another in the right forum
nice pictures! I love that blue and black color scheme.Beer

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 23:11 Quote
Stock so far except for an Enduro BB and tubeless. Going to bump the suspension to 180, and currently have a lightweight set of wheels being built for light duty use (WeAreOne Insiders on 28 spoke DT240’s)

photo

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 8:37 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/16044779/

Hey everyone, here my Jeffsy al 27 218!
Actually I don’t know how to post a picture

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Stock so far except for an Enduro BB and tubeless. Going to bump the suspension to 180, and currently have a lightweight set of wheels being built for light duty use (WeAreOne Insiders on 28 spoke DT240’s)

photo

Are you modifying the suspension or swapping it out to get 180?

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 10:03 Quote
I've found the easiest way is to put your pics in your own photo album, then open the picture and copy the numeric from the end. Then link to a PB image from the tools above.

Example:
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/16044779/

grab 1604479 and paste that into the box that pops up for pb image.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 13:16 Quote
johnbalz wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

photo

Just changing the fork air chamber to the 180 one, and I'll have Fox remove the 5mm travel spacer when they service the shock this winter.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 14:28 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
johnbalz wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Just changing the fork air chamber to the 180 one, and I'll have Fox remove the 5mm travel spacer when they service the shock this winter.

The 180 fork was a good choice for me. But honestly, I don't know what I would even DO with a 180mm rear end. Despite my best efforts casing gaps and hucking to flat with rocks, I can't seem to use the last 3mm on the stanchion before the mark (on 170mm). I'd be afraid that anything more would make the bike feel sluggish. Any Capra 27 CF Pro owners care to tell me why I'm wrong?

But also, if I had the chance to jump to 180mm, I'd probably do it, TBH. Why the hell not? This bike supposed to be a bruiser anyways Cool

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 14:39 Quote
zsandstrom wrote:

The 180 fork was a good choice for me. But honestly, I don't know what I would even DO with a 180mm rear end. Despite my best efforts casing gaps and hucking to flat with rocks, I can't seem to use the last 3mm on the stanchion before the mark (on 170mm). I'd be afraid that anything more would make the bike feel sluggish. Any Capra 27 CF Pro owners care to tell me why I'm wrong?

But also, if I had the chance to jump to 180mm, I'd probably do it, TBH. Why the hell not? This bike supposed to be a bruiser anyways Cool

Are you measuring the overall stanchion length or the travel used on the stanchion starting from the seal? The shock won't use 100% of the stanchion length, there will still be some remaining at full compression from what I understand.

If you're not using your full 70mm of shock stroke you can try removing volume spacers to make the suspension less progressive at the end of it's stroke.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
Just started riding last year on a steel honzo (hardtail) Jeff broke my full suspension virginity.

I'm 6'0 on a large and the 150 dropper is about 10 too long but no big deal.

Definitely need a saddle upgrade because my bum hurts after about half an hour.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 19:00 Quote
tantrum007 wrote:
Just started riding last year on a steel honzo (hardtail) Jeff broke my full suspension virginity.

How well does the large size fit you? I'm 5'10 if I'm wearing shoes and I stand up straight, I'm planning on buying an al comp. I know that YT made this years Capra a bit bigger than last years so I'm curious as to how you like the sizing as well as anyone else on this forum.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 1:17 Quote
Don't mind if I do Big Grin

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 1:48 Quote
McMTBike wrote:
tantrum007 wrote:

How well does the large size fit you? I'm 5'10 if I'm wearing shoes and I stand up straight, I'm planning on buying an al comp. I know that YT made this years Capra a bit bigger than last years so I'm curious as to how you like the sizing as well as anyone else on this forum.

Thanks!

I’m about 5’10 and the size L Jeffsy fits me perfectly, although it did take a bit of getting used to. I had to cut the bars down by 20mm. I run the 150mm dropper about 5mm from fully slammed in the frame.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 12:52 Quote
McMTBike wrote:
tantrum007 wrote:

Thanks!

Anyone 5'11-6'1 shouldn't have much problems fitting the large. If the dropper was 140mm it would be perfect for me. 170mm cranks would solve that and I plan on switching to those next year.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021052
Mobile Version of Website