Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

How are u gonna call for help if emergencies happen and there is no one around for miles?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How are u gonna call for help if emergencies happen and there is no one around for miles?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 13:59 Quote

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 14:10 Quote
Just shout! Superman will hear you! Right? That or the phone. Just settle for 999 , don't know Supermans number.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
If you cannot accept the inherent risk (and its consequences) of riding in remote areas, then ride with groups of people, get a sat-phone, emergency beacon, etc, etc. Personally, I don't have a plan, and I'm OK with that.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 14:46 Quote
I keep drugs within hands reach

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 14:50 Quote
When I'm doing a long, remote ride I carry my PLB. It's nice peace of mind, though I hope I never have to use it. Same reason I use an EPIRB on my boat, 40 miles offshore with a sinking boat and a dinky life raft would make me unhappy without it.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 16:10 Quote
Bring plenty of water and carry glow sticks or small air horn. Most of all inform someone your going on a ride. Good point though maybe someone can create an app when you go on a ride you can check in and get an alert to check out. Set an option to alert someone family friend incase you dont check out.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 16:48 Quote
jdw1 wrote:
Bring plenty of water and carry glow sticks or small air horn. Most of all inform someone your going on a ride. Good point though maybe someone can create an app when you go on a ride you can check in and get an alert to check out. Set an option to alert someone family friend incase you dont check out.

Air horn is an excellent idea! Going in my pack before my next ride.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 16:48 Quote
jdw1 wrote:

Air horn is an excellent idea! Going in my pack before my next ride.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 18:31 Quote
If I really plan on crashing and/or I know I'm very out of the way, I'll put my SPOT Gen3 into my fanny pack. Otherwise I just bring a friend!

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 18:39 Quote
SPOT, sat phone, and ham radio are what I have and use

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 5:20 Quote
Trailforks has a tab for emergencies. One touch 911 button and gps location

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 9:21 Quote
iPhone, or the whistle on my bag.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 15:06 Quote
Garmin InReach Explorer

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
I only ride solo on trails I know have a pretty good amount of traffic on them, and I don't ride anything too scary on my own either.

FL
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
I use a little Lezyne gps computer and when I start my ride it emails a link to my wife who can then follow my ride. If I don’t call after my allotted time she can check the gps and decide whether or not to call for help.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009325
Mobile Version of Website