Powered by Outside

Transition Patrol or Santa Cruz Bronson?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol or Santa Cruz Bronson?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
Stuck between the 2019 Transition Patrol carbon or aluminium or the 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson C S..

Where would you put your money? I like poppy/ jumpy feeling bikes, definitely ride more downs than up. Used for bike parks and occasional trail centres... used to riding Kona 153s new and old models.

Any one ridden both?

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
Transition patrol had better geometry from my experience

FL
Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 8:25 Quote
Not ridden the nomad but I tested the alloy patrol and it’s definitly my next bike. Was on a process 153. Patrol is a bit more of a bulldozer than my process but it was still good fun. Would like to demo a nomad as well. Can you get a demo on either?

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 20:10 Quote
Kind of a grave digger but I am also very interested in this question. Just moved to Bellingham and I am looking at a new bike in the next coming year (or less hopefully).

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
Another attempt to revive this thread. Had to sell my Bronson v3 frame to fund home purchase and was planning on buying another after. Patrol has emerged on my radar as a strong contender instead. Carbon with dhx2 and a fox 36 perf elite grip 2 for 4k. Kept my reserve wheels and everything else from my B. Any more feedback out there as far as comparison between the two?

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
I liked the climbing of the Bronson better, and the descending of the Patrol better. If the climbing isn’t very technical (avoiding pedal strikes and big lunging power moves) I’d go with the Patrol.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
Awesome thanks for that. Exactly what I wanted to hear for the final push towards the patrol. My rides are steep AF fire roads leading to dh descents.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
Both are good bikes and you can't go wrong with either. In my personal opinion the Patrol is the better bike. It can do all the stuff the Bronson can with more comfort. Also, if you are worried about the Patrol not being poppy, it is the most poppy 170/160 bike on the market in my opinion. The frame is crazy stiff and eats up the chunk. The bike descends like a mini DH bike and the rear suspension absorbs big impacts. I rode the previous gen Bronson and the bike does seem to get overwhelmed in the real chunky bits.

If you ride rough, steep, and mostly bike parks -- Patrol
If your ride flatter, smoother, and more flowy trails -- Bronson

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
Thanks. Solid feedback. I ride south of Yosemite in the bass lake area. It’s all natural chunky dh stuff. Not as steep as Santa Cruz trails were I rode for the past 7 years before, but I remember my first rides on each of the trails around here thinking “oh so this is what long travel bikes are for”. Santa Cruz has lots of soft cute mossy coastal redwood forests, up here you find real mountains. I think the patrol will be super fun around here.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 19:51 Quote
Anyone have experience how the kona process 153 27.5 compares to these two?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 5:55 Quote
Hi all- Going to resurrect this thread- I'm debating between the new Bronson MX and the Patrol MX- Weight and moderate geo have me thinking Bronson, but the new patrol in Raw alloy looks sooo good. Another thought is to go with the carbon scout? anybody have thoughts on these 3 bikes. I'm coming off a specialized enduro- looking for something that's still capable, but maybe a bit more playful.

Thanks,

Dan

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Daray wrote:
Hi all- Going to resurrect this thread- I'm debating between the new Bronson MX and the Patrol MX- Weight and moderate geo have me thinking Bronson, but the new patrol in Raw alloy looks sooo good. Another thought is to go with the carbon scout? anybody have thoughts on these 3 bikes. I'm coming off a specialized enduro- looking for something that's still capable, but maybe a bit more playful.

Thanks,

Dan

I am in the process of picking between the 2 definitely would like some input on this

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 15:51 Quote
Brocksampson wrote:
Daray wrote:

Thanks,

Dan

I am in the process of picking between the 2 definitely would like some input on this

So I went with the Bronson and could not be happier

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 18:33 Quote
I just picked up a 2019 aluminum patrol(37lbs). Fox factory 36 and dpx2 and cascade link. I'm coming from a 2019 YT Capra pro race 29 (34.5lbs). The patrol definitely feels heavier on the climbs. Seems playful so far but I've only ridden on xc trails, need to get a shuttle or park day in soon. The weight is definitely holding this thing back a little. Eventually would like to try a coil on it. Anyone have any weights on a 2021 Bronson?

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 11:50 Quote
Chucking in the Canyon Spectral seems to have good reviews? I ride a 2015 Bronson, want to upgrade, but not sure about the new Bronson mullet? I still want to keep responsiveness uphill, while hitting the park every now and again. Thoughts…

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011800
Mobile Version of Website