Powered by Outside

Marin San Quentin

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Marin San Quentin
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
Hey guys I just picked up a Marin San Quentin 2 recently and would love to see what other owners are doing with their San Quentin’s and what upgrades they are making with their builds!

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
Hi PDX. i got one also! currently placed a dropper post from crankbrothers. chester pedals also.

planning to upgrade the fork next.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
What size tires are people running on theirs? I want to see if anyone has successfully fit a 2.8” tire. Manufacturer says it’ll fit a 2.6” but I wanted to see if anyone has pushed that limit. Thanks!

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 22:18 Quote
im still running stock - i believe these are 2.3in.. i unfortunately crashed and fractured my metacarpal, so 2 months out. :/

upgraded also to a canecreek helm

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 4:40 Quote
Not done much to mine yet either, Rockshox Reverb dropper post, DMR V8 pedals and DMR Deathgrips. Really need to get a new wheelset though, they are not holding up to much, having to true them up after most trail rides.

I was going to upgrade forks but tbh theres nothing wrong with the revelation, performing well once set up right. brakes and wheels could do with an upgrade

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
im planning also to change my brakes and tires. the stock ones just doesnt do it.

looking for maybe a sram level for brakes of the guide2 (g2). i just plan to upgrade the tires to tubeless - still thnking on which model to get from maxxis.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
Sup fellas, I was interested in how you like your San Quentin's thus far. I'm strongly considering buying one and I'd like some opinions. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 0:08 Quote
So far I’ve upgraded the grips to some Ergon grips, put on a fox transfer dropper, some knockoff raceface chester pedals, and upgraded to some sram guide r brakes and I’m running tubeless.

I would like to have done more but I am severely limited on cash. I have the San Quentin 2 so it needs a fork upgrade for sure and I would like to get some bigger tires and cushcore eventually.

Personally I love my bike and the way it rides so I would recommend it to anyone. If it rides better than where it is at now with tires and fork it will be insanely good!

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 23:11 Quote
MacDuffaluffacus42 wrote:
Sup fellas, I was interested in how you like your San Quentin's thus far. I'm strongly considering buying one and I'd like some opinions. Thanks!

I've been on one for about a year and a half. Before that I was on an NS Eccentric Chromo. The SQ is a much better bike than the NS in stiffness and flickability. I am running a 150mm Z1 and love it. It still pedals fantastic and is super happy at speed and in the air. Get one if you can.

Posted: May 15, 2020 at 3:29 Quote
Done some more upgrades on mine with a rockshox Yari 140mm fork DT swiss wheelset. Bike is running so good, didnt have a massive problem with the original recons but after riding the yari the bike feels so solid over the rough stuff. Wheels have gave me a bit more confidence on drops as the marin rear wheel was constantly losing spoke tension. I'll be looking to upgrade the brakes to shimano XT but for now loving the bike, does everything.

I'll be looking to add an enduro full suss to the bikes soon but I'll be keeping the Quentin for riding pretty much everything apart from knarly DH

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
I'm running 2.8" high rollers on 40mm internal rims and there is lots of clearance. I would not ride less than 2.6 on a san quentin. improves the handling and ride quality

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 5:35 Quote
PDX050 wrote:
What size tires are people running on theirs? I want to see if anyone has successfully fit a 2.8” tire. Manufacturer says it’ll fit a 2.6” but I wanted to see if anyone has pushed that limit. Thanks!

I’m running Kenda Rigolith Pro 2.8’s on my 2020 San Quentin 3 and they fit perfect no rubbing even on Hard cornering.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 20:59 Quote
I rode one for 2 years before selling it to a friend. I built mine with a Marz Z1 at 150mm. I ran 2.8 DHF front High Roller II rear on ASYM i35 wheels but opted for 2.6 later which really brought the bike to life. The 2.8 was nice for a little more cushion on hard landings but otherwise was a little too much meat to drag around. The 150 fork was very welcome and I never felt it made the bike slow handling. IMHO one of the best aluminum hardtail bikes out there.

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 17:10 Quote
I ride a 2019 SQ3. 2.8" Maxxis DHF's with rear tire insert, sdg seat. Marzocchi z2 150mm and 26t oval coming soon

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 0:22 Quote
Hi fellas, I'm after a san quentin 3 in the 2019 colours and it seems like they've all fell into a huge black hole! Can anyone here she'd some light on where these have gone or where I can find one

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012766
Mobile Version of Website