Powered by Outside

Strava sync

• Previous Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 4:50 Quote
I use my fitbit to record my rides, which then syncs to Strava. I recently joined trailforks and attached my Strava account but my rides do not sync. I did try to disconnect and reconnect my stabs account with no luck.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
We have become a victim of our own success. We've seen a spike in users connecting their Strava and riding more frequent as weather improves. We've reached peak Strava API usage. Which we have in the past, but normally just on weekends then it catches up during the week. But now we are pinned the whole time and the import queue is growing never getting a chance to catch up.

I've emailed Strava requesting an increase to our daily Strava API limit. I've done pretty much all I can on our end to optimise our usage, at this point its just a volume issue. So until Strava responds, not much I can do, but your Strava activity will eventually be imported, it stays in the queue, which is currently over 30,000!

Current Strava activities are given higher priority than users bulk importing past rides. Also if you have >1000 Trailforks contribute points you are given priority in the queue.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
How many days is the delay roughly? My strava rides never auto import into TF even though everything is connected, I always have to manually import. I tried an import a week ago and it's still sitting in the queue.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 20:17 Quote
Unfortunately there is not much we can do, more ridelogs are added to the import queue each day than can be processed, so the queue is only growing. We've contacted Strava again, still waiting for a response.

Strava activities will eventually be imported from the queue.

Best way to avoid the queue is to record your ride using the Trailforks app Wink

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Unfortunately there is not much we can do, more ridelogs are added to the import queue each day than can be processed, so the queue is only growing. We've contacted Strava again, still waiting for a response.

Strava activities will eventually be imported from the queue.

Best way to avoid the queue is to record your ride using the Trailforks app Wink

Does the queue operate the same way in both directions? (Record on Trailforks and upload to Strava; and record on Strava and upload to Trailforks) So both directions are being held up?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
Yes both directions are being help up, but there is far less being synced TO Strava, so that queue shouldn't take too long, but depends on the time of day your ride is added. Might hafta wait until the following day when the API limit resets. the SYNC TO Strava shouldn't be more than 1 day though.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
Is Trailforks still trying to catch up?? I m new to using Trailforks for this. I have 71 rides in que.

Mod O+
Posted: May 11, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
rritchey28 wrote:
Is Trailforks still trying to catch up?? I m new to using Trailforks for this. I have 71 rides in que.

Yes. We currently have over 70000 imports waiting in queue. We have contacted Starva to get our daily limit increased, but they are slow to respond.

O+ FL
Posted: May 12, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
Glad to know I'm not the only one and good to know what the hold up is.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
saskskier wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one and good to know what the hold up is.

What is the current daily limit and how large is the queue now? I've just entered the bulk ride sync queue with 390 rides.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2019 at 22:27 Quote
We recently reached a new API agreement with Strava and they gave us 4X our previous limit, so we are now working through the queue. Hope to have it all working smoothly again in a week.

Bulk imports are sorted last in the queue, current rides are done first, and if you have >100 TF points you go to the start of the queue.

We now are hitting another limit of how many ridelogs we can actually process in a day, so i'm working on trying to optimize that.

Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 7:57 Quote
I have a couple of rides in queue. Only recently have they been delayed. They usually load immediately. Any suggestions/updates?

They load immediately to strava from my Garmin. But still in queue on Trailforks.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 23:26 Quote
fredro wrote:
I have a couple of rides in queue. Only recently have they been delayed. They usually load immediately. Any suggestions/updates?

They load immediately to strava from my Garmin. But still in queue on Trailforks.

Unfortunately with rides from Strava it's very normal there is a large queue, especially after a weekend. There is no queue for rides recorded in the Trailforks app or synced from Garmin device.

Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 5:44 Quote
Tks for the reply, but not sure I’m following.

I record my rides on my garmin, then after saving them on my garmin device, they usually upload automatically to both strava and Trailforks. Been doing that for over a year. But my last few rides, it’s been only uploading to strava, and not to Trailforks. It takes days for my ride to appear on Trailforks. Am I doing something wrong? My settings perhaps? This only started happening recently.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 6:22 Quote
canadaka wrote:
fredro wrote:

Unfortunately with rides from Strava it's very normal there is a large queue, especially after a weekend. There is no queue for rides recorded in the Trailforks app or synced from Garmin device.

Do we get any sync priorities from Strava to Trailforks if we are a Pro member? Is there anything that will help prioritize the sync from strava?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014520
Mobile Version of Website