Powered by Outside

MegNeg

PB Forum :: SRAM
MegNeg
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: May 9, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Anyone try it yet?

I'm considering one on the Super Deluxe that came on my Megatower to get the sag a bit deeper without falling through the travel.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
Anyone try it yet?

I'm considering one on the Super Deluxe that came on my Megatower to get the sag a bit deeper without falling through the travel.

Hey dude I just rode my MegNeg on trail today and I have to say it's definitely a step up from my original SuperDeluxe RC3. I definitely noticed it was more plush on the initial stroke and also had more mid stroke and bottom out support. I did bottom out but it was less noticeable. The shock felt more like a coil IMO and actually felt like it had more travel that it did.

I ride a 2018 Commencal with 160mm of rear travel and I rode my bike on a local black diamond trail today with a jump line, some drops, a gap and a step up.

The MegNeg is absolutely worth the $90 USD and is a great alternative to a coil (which is what I was considering).

Hope this helps

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
Thanks. I already have an X2 on order. I figured since I have the rebound 1 click out and the LSC 0 clicks out that the SD just isn't tuned well for my weight.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
I hear you man. I’m 190lbs kitted out and I ride pretty heavy and felt that the SD wasn’t enough shock for me. The MegNeg definitely makes it feel better but I’ll probably still get a coil for any gravity days. Just go with the Bomber CR to save a bit of $$

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 20:49 Quote
How do you have yours setup?

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
I have a 2019 Meta am29 and the stock super deluxe rct shock/ aircan felt very good as it was but thought I could possibly get a little better feel. I have only one ride with the MegNeg and started with 2 bands in the negative, and 1 gnar dog spacer in the main can. Felt lousy! Way too much negative and ramped up too much. Going to try the MegNeg can with the full 4 bands (65% more than stock can)since it was very good with the stock aircan and 2 gnar dogs. In the sram literature, it says to remove 1 or 2 gnar dog spacers or you might not reach full travel.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 23:34 Quote
I have 2 bands and one token installed in mine and I’m running 270 psi which is my normal psi + 20% as per RS. It feels decent. Way better than my regular super deluxe

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
I can’t get anywhere near my normal 153psi with the MegNeg. I weigh 155. With no bands in the MegNeg and 1 token in the can, I am running about 180psi to get 30% sag.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
You’re supposed to run 20% more PSI in it so you should be in the right area with the 180psi

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
OP, did you wind up installing one?

Anyone else have experience with megneg?

If so, what was your motivation for doing so and what bike do you ride?

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
i just put on mine and am going to test ride it this aftenoon. will report back

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
So, a bigger negative spring makes it more progressive...wouldn't this be a bad solution for OP issue? You'll have less mid-stroke support, going deeper into the travel on avg but not bottoming out entirely as often

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 2:52 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:
i just put on mine and am going to test ride it this aftenoon. will report back

so i only got a short 5km ride on pretty mild trail, but it made a huge difference, off the top it was way smoother i had to check that my tyre wasnt flat it was so smooth, and on big hits i was only using 80% of the travel instead of 100%, i had the sag at the same point as before as the leverage ratio of my slash is quite progressive (so i have heard) so i think i will run a bit more sag (30% instead of 26%).

to describe the difference between my deluxe air spring and the meg neg would be that the deluxe air can felt like and older fox 32 where it would blow through the travel and be too stiff if you want it to stay up whereas now the rear matches my fox 36 in its air spring characteristics, a lot of support from the 2nd third of the travel onwards, i will need more time on it to draw a final conclusion

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
I am not liking it as much as I would of thought. Am running one band in neg chamber and nothing in the can itself. The problem is, the debonair air can that came stock was very good as it turns out. Better than what I am feeling now. I have tried it with the 4 bands, all the way down to 1 now. Will try without any bands or volume reducers in the air can and see if this is the magic setting. I am running 189psi, right at 30% sag and it is pretty good but the stock can still has a better feel. Yoann Barelli says he runs it with no bands in the neg can and no volume reducers in the main can. Something like 215psi for him. I only weigh 150-155 and am getting 30% sag at 189.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 5:54 Quote
Does anyone run a megneg on an Bronson V3?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012503
Mobile Version of Website