Powered by Outside

The Instinctiv M-series, a new enduro / all-mountain machine

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The Instinctiv M-series, a new enduro / all-mountain machine
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
Hi all, maybe nice to share with you the coming of a new mountain bike brand: Undomestic.

With my team of riders (who are also engineers and designers) we have been working for the past two years to develop a line of enduro / all-mountain machines. Innovation takes place in our HQ in the Netherlands, testing is done at our test center in Croatia and in the mountains of Slovenia.

So what is the new M like? We can share that the bikes will obviously have great refined design, modern geometry and a patented suspension platform. The platform is based on Horst, with improved kinematics for a gearbox. The machines will come with a Pinion C-line drive train, combined with grip-shifting, trigger shifting and later with our patented electronic shifting. This offers great traction at all times, fast shifting, 115% anti squat in all gears at sag and centered weight distribution.

The bikes are made with 8% recycled automotive carbon. And equipped with the best suspension components from Fox, hubs and wheels from Industry Nine,

The machine will come as M7 with 150mm rear suspension and 27.5″ wheels, as M9 with 140mm rear suspension and 29″ wheels and finally as the M97 with 150mm rear suspension in a mixed wheel setup. We expect to launch in spring 2020.

Stay tuned about our launch

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
Do you have a single picture that is not a 3D rendering?

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
Hi!

Unfortunately not yet. The first serie of carbon frames is manufactured at this moment. Early 2020 we will take time to test and tune the setup with the guys from Fox. We expect the first professional photo shoots to take place in April.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
that does look sweet! plenty of room for a couple of bottles?

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 7:37 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
that does look sweet! plenty of room for a couple of bottles?

Sure, plenty of room!

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Be sure to get plenty of real world testing, ie in
proper wet mud, see plenty of mud traps
on frames, and tight spacing between moving parts
which make for grit abrasive wear, not something
you want especially on a wallet killing carbon frame.

Spare parts and no stupid fancy fastners that can't be got.
I've seen frames written of over a non obtainable pivot bolt
when theres absolutely no need, such a waste.

Wish you well : )

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
Be sure to get plenty of real world testing, ie in
proper wet mud, see plenty of mud traps
on frames, and tight spacing between moving parts
which make for grit abrasive wear, not something
you want especially on a wallet killing carbon frame.

Spare parts and no stupid fancy fastners that can't be got.
I've seen frames written of over a non obtainable pivot bolt
when theres absolutely no need, such a waste.

Wish you well : )

Thanks, we will. We are not in a hurry, as we have another running business. This gives us the freedom to take time for testing, both destructive endurance lab testing and real world testing. At the moment we are in the process of manufacturing a first set of carbon frames to build test bikes, so we can start the testing process.

And good point about spare parts. We will offer all moving components, bearings, etc. as spare parts.

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
Will you simply call it "Domestic" in the Netherlands? Big Grin

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 at 3:15 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:

Good point Big Grin

Our name is all about contrasts. The contrast of advanced technology and riding in nature. The contrast of our design language that is inspired by big cats, and high-tech like carbon or a gearbox. The name fits in this line of contrasts, it hints to wild, to unreal, to undomestic big cats, in a sense to nature, yet being a bit provoking.

Posted: Jan 2, 2020 at 16:27 Quote
undomestic wrote:
Falcon991 wrote:

Good point Big Grin

Our name is all about contrasts. The contrast of advanced technology and riding in nature. The contrast of our design language that is inspired by big cats, and high-tech like carbon or a gearbox. The name fits in this line of contrasts, it hints to wild, to unreal, to undomestic big cats, in a sense to nature, yet being a bit provoking.

I like your reasoning. I mentioned in the other website's thread that you might want to consider "Undomesticated." It makes more sense in English that way, from the big cat perspective. "Wild," "Untamed" or "Feral" are synonyms you might also consider.

Good luck with the brand!

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 9:05 Quote
Will it also be available as a frame set option I hope?

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
mtboaxaca wrote:
Will it also be available as a frame set option I hope?

Yes, sure, it will.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 16:59 Quote
Sorry, but no. Looks like it hit a wall at 60mph.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
I’m excited to see the final product! Although I probably went be able to afford one it will be cool to see!

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
It's been a while, so we thought we’d give you a small update of what we’re currently working on:
- first size-L frames come in end of April
- preparing extensive frame testing
- suspension tuning with Fox
- finalizing the color and graphics schemes
- CAD development on M and XL frames
- finalizing development on new shifting options
- building the website and webshop
- organizing logistics and production

And a bit of a shocker. Not even launched yet and already a new name? Yes, we were re-thinking our brand name and expect to launch with a name that fits the bike and our brand even better. We’ll keep you posted.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013075
Mobile Version of Website