Powered by Outside

RD-M8100-SGS can't properly setup for 51T sprocket

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
RD-M8100-SGS can't properly setup for 51T sprocket
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Hey guys, today I tried to properly setup Shimano XT 12s derailleur for 51 sprocket. But I cannot set the distance between top wheel on derailleur and teeths on sprocket correctly.
photo
This is the best result which I managed to get.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Just wind the b screw out until it lines up with the "51T" line on the derailleur

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
Lazyarse wrote:
Just wind the b screw out until it lines up with the "51T" line on the derailleur

B-screw is completely unscrewed. I have no option to loose it more.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
Is it attached to the hanger properly?

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 15:04 Quote
adybiker wrote:
Lazyarse wrote:

B-screw is completely unscrewed. I have no option to loose it more.

Maybe try without the gear cable connected

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 23:04 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:

It is attached to the hanger properly.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 23:22 Quote
adybiker wrote:
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:

It is attached to the hanger properly.

Same result.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 2:12 Quote
Is your chain length correct? If the chain is too short it will be pulling the cage further forward and increasing the gap between the cassette and the tuning mark on the cage. I fitted my new full xt 12 drivetrain last week and followed the chain length guide to the letter and my mark sits perfectly on the tip of the 51t teeth

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
Spangoolies wrote:
Is your chain length correct? If the chain is too short it will be pulling the cage further forward and increasing the gap between the cassette and the tuning mark on the cage. I fitted my new full xt 12 drivetrain last week and followed the chain length guide to the letter and my mark sits perfectly on the tip of the 51t teeth

Chain lenght is correct.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 3:13 Quote
Try without chain on moving by hand - it look something is wrong with mounting of deraileur, with B-screw all the way out this is waaay to much clearance.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
onyxss wrote:
Try without chain on moving by hand - it look something is wrong with mounting of deraileur, with B-screw all the way out this is waaay to much clearance.

I tried it, still have a problem with distance.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
adybiker wrote:
onyxss wrote:

I tried it, still have a problem with distance.
Post some pictures of deraileur mounting poin, maybe its not mounted properly.
There is a slight possibility you got defective deraileur.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
adybiker wrote:
Chain lenght is correct.

I'm interested to hear how you are sure chain length is correct if the chain is pulling the cage more than it should be...

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 10:21 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
adybiker wrote:
Chain lenght is correct.

I'm interested to hear how you are sure chain length is correct if the chain is pulling the cage more than it should be...

On the smallest wheel on sprocket is chain as it should be, so it cannot be longer.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
After long day I got result as I want. Hanger on the bike is too "tilted" backwards. Best solution for that was fluff a little bit from the part in the red circle of derailleur on the side that touches the hanger.
photo
Now is the distance between top wheel on derailleur and largest wheel on sprocket correct, and derailleur works as it should be.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007235
Mobile Version of Website