Powered by Outside

2021 remedy

PB Forum :: Trek
2021 remedy
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
So I own a Santa Cruz 5010. Like like the smaller wheels. But I Demoed a remedy in Utah this winter with intentions to buy something like it this summer and sell off my 5010. And I LOVED IT. But my question is is it worth waiting now for the newest model? I do wanna get the top spec 9.9. Mostly for the fork and brakes. I love the current model. Just curious if anyone has an idea or knows what the 2021 will look like. If the geo will change or a suspension Change. I also really like the DT storage on the fuel lol. But lasts years remedy didn’t come out till August. Which is usually near the end of my riding time as I switch to skiing in September. Thanks!! -Jordan.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 17:48 Quote
Well it's hard to say and April is a bit early to be asking these questions. The newest remedy came out as an updated frame in 2019 so it's not terribly old, but sometimes Trek is known to move fast (and other times slow- I'm surprised the slash and certain session models have lasted this long).

If I had to purely guess, I'd say Remedy is a 2022 refresh, not 2021 but of course time will tell. Even if they had something up their sleeve, there is some talk of companies delaying releases in the next few months/year due to the coronavirus - sales will have surely slumped and will continue to slump for a while. They won't wanna do an early release 2021 (which usually happens may-june anyway) this year if shops haven't come close to selling out of 2020s.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 21:15 Quote
Trek usually releases bikes end of July early Aug. I assume the 2021 will be the same sort of thing but I can see them doing the "TWAT box "(internal frame storage) box on the new slashes and remedys

O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
Jtseitz wrote:
So I own a Santa Cruz 5010. Like like the smaller wheels. But I Demoed a remedy in Utah this winter with intentions to buy something like it this summer and sell off my 5010. And I LOVED IT. But my question is is it worth waiting now for the newest model? I do wanna get the top spec 9.9. Mostly for the fork and brakes. I love the current model. Just curious if anyone has an idea or knows what the 2021 will look like. If the geo will change or a suspension Change. I also really like the DT storage on the fuel lol. But lasts years remedy didn’t come out till August. Which is usually near the end of my riding time as I switch to skiing in September. Thanks!! -Jordan.

I love my 2020 Remedy, I would be surprised if we see any changes for 2021, it just got updated in 2019, but who really knows. If any yeah maybe a TWAT Rolleyes box, the new seat post angle and insertion really was a huge change for the better, but this is all speculation. I love my Remedy 0 buyers remorse Big Grin

O+
Posted: May 9, 2020 at 18:45 Quote
If the 2021 remedy has the frame storage, I'm buying one, please trek, I know you're doing it, make it happen for 2021 ????

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
I don't have tons of details on the new design, but it's basically done. If you're in it for the fork, it's probably worth waiting for the 2021 model. The brakes will be standard choices. You'll like many of the changes, though.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2020 at 15:25 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
I don't have tons of details on the new design, but it's basically done. If you're in it for the fork, it's probably worth waiting for the 2021 model. The brakes will be standard choices. You'll like many of the changes, though.

i saw one of the prototypes at my local yesterday. i hope the bb makes it to production!

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 19:29 Quote
Any Pictures? What did it look like?

O+ FL
Posted: May 17, 2020 at 20:20 Quote
T47 is the future bros.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2020 at 20:26 Quote
mitch160 wrote:

the rider wouldn't allow any, but rest assured, it looked like a session

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
does anyone have an idea when the new remedy is going to be released this month?

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
mitch160 wrote:
does anyone have an idea when the new remedy is going to be released this month?

I'm not sure it will be released later this month. Trek doesn't typically drop their new bike specs until July or August, with sales starting in September into October.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 5:31 Quote
SO.... from what I’m reading. Looks like a lot of cool things. Some fork and brake upgrades? Internal frame storage. And threaded bb. Ttl. Anyone have confirmation of this stuff?? ???????? it looks like the 2020 is pretty much out of stock now. Which gives my hope up of buying it this year. I was gonna place an order within the next few weeks. So I might have to rent a bike for the next few months ????‍♀️

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 5:45 Quote
consularship wrote:
mitch160 wrote:

the rider wouldn't allow any, but rest assured, it looked like a session

How so? Color?

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 17:38 Quote
I work at a local bike shop and we just sold a 2021 Remedy. Sadly I didn't get to see it in person, but there's a few pictures floating around on Instagram if you dig a little Wink I don't want to spoil anything, but since my shop got their hands on one, the official release should be soon!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008303
Mobile Version of Website