Ripley sizing

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripley sizing
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 17:31 Quote
Any 6' peeps on an XL Ripley?

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
My buddy is on the new Ripley and he is on a Large and he is 5’11”. He rode my XL Ripmo and like the way it fits him better and was seriously thinking about ordering an XL frame and swapping over his parts.
I talked him down and gave him a 70mm stem to try on his Ripley and he said it made the fit on his Large bike so much better.
My point is this. At 6’0” the XL would be my choice (I’m 6’ 1/2”). I demoed the Large and XL Ripley and Ripmo before I bought my Ripmo. The Large felt cramped on both bikes and the XL felt perfect. I have normal proportions, 32” inseam and normal arm length.
The seat tubes are low on both sizes and standover is more than adequate so it won’t feel tall. And your seat will be more level with your bars which to me makes the bike more comfortable.
Demo if possible or ask around to see if anyone has one near you and maybe you can try theirs out or at least sit on it to see if the size fits you.
Where are you located?

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 20:46 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
My buddy is on the new Ripley and he is on a Large and he is 5’11”. He rode my XL Ripmo and like the way it fits him better and was seriously thinking about ordering an XL frame and swapping over his parts.
I talked him down and gave him a 70mm stem to try on his Ripley and he said it made the fit on his Large bike so much better.
My point is this. At 6’0” the XL would be my choice (I’m 6’ 1/2”). I demoed the Large and XL Ripley and Ripmo before I bought my Ripmo. The Large felt cramped on both bikes and the XL felt perfect. I have normal proportions, 32” inseam and normal arm length.
The seat tubes are low on both sizes and standover is more than adequate so it won’t feel tall. And your seat will be more level with your bars which to me makes the bike more comfortable.
Demo if possible or ask around to see if anyone has one near you and maybe you can try theirs out or at least sit on it to see if the size fits you.
Where are you located?
I’m in nor Cali . What stem length are you running on the Ripmo? I’m about your measurements .

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
I run a 50mm but i have tried a 35mm as well.
I feel more comfortable with the 50mm.

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
I have a Ripley LS v3 in size large, and I'm a little longer torso than legs at 5' 11.5". I've been happy with it so far, although tbh I didn't ride an XL before purchasing, as this one was a demo and the only one they had.

Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
I went with the XL and I am not a fan ... lol

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
you wish you got the L?

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
newbiketome wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
you wish you got the L?
Yes . I already sold the XL

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 20:46 Quote
The-Gunt,

What size stem did you have on the XL vs. Large frame? I'm 6', 33" inseam, 35" shirt arm length going with XL with 50mm stem. Checked Ibis prior to ordering and they said I could go either way? Now that you have the large what did you benefit with the downsize?

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
Sacdubro wrote:
The-Gunt,

What size stem did you have on the XL vs. Large frame? I'm 6', 33" inseam, 35" shirt arm length going with XL with 50mm stem. Checked Ibis prior to ordering and they said I could go either way? Now that you have the large what did you benefit with the downsize?
I had a 40mm then went with a 35mm . The bike felt better and I was starting to get comfortable on it . Still felt big though . I bought a L tallboy.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
Riding the Ripley AF at 5'11.5" as well as YT Izzo and Transition Spur. I will say the Ripley feels the most compact. I would be interested in Riding one in XL to see the difference.

Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
Also interested in sizing - sounds like they run small.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
I’m 6ft with +2 wingspan. I chose L and it’s a dialed fit.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
Just reviewed all sizing threads, Looking for info also on a large ripley for my wife whos 5' 8" and a 33 inch inseam. She liked the Lg tall boy better than the medium hightower ( LBS parking lot ride around only) . I'm wondering if some people are mistakenly confusing bike inseam with pant size inseam ?? using a level between you legs similar to sitting a bike is the easy way to check. my gut feeling is that the bike inseams are about 1.5 inches longer than pant inseams?? anybody around 5'8 " to 5'9" riding a Large V4 Ripley ? She's mostly interested in climbing and does not drop the seat much decending. I'm 6 ft and have a 32/33 pant inseam but my bike inseam is about 34.5 ??

Thanks , these bike are so much coin it pays to be right !!!!!!!!!!!

O+
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
iSawThat wrote:
I’m 6ft with +2 wingspan. I chose L and it’s a dialed fit.

That's good to know. I'm 6'1" with an ape factor of +2 on the arms and legs. I was thinking XL but I'm on the fence when it comes to sizing. I don't want too cramped, but too stretched doesn't suit my preferred riding style. I may wait until I can actually demo both before pulling the trigger.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038056
Mobile Version of Website