Powered by Outside

Ripley AF

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripley AF
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
As soon as I saw the release article I was sold. I now have a deposit on a Pond Scum Green NGX that is waiting for me to pick up when I put together the funds. Can't wait. Wanted a Deore build but delivery is to far off. Frames not till the fall!
I am coming from an original Jeffsy 29 AL. I am a little nervous to loose 20mm travel but happy to finally be getting back on a DW bike. Thought I'd open a thread to start the Ripley AF conversation.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
Congratulations! What's the lead time they're quoting you on a NGX build? Bike looks awesome.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
TerryZechman wrote:
Congratulations! What's the lead time they're quoting you on a NGX build? Bike looks awesome.

I put a deposit on the only in stock one in my province. It’s waiting for me. I’ll be picking it up soon. Just sold my Jeffsy today!

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
I just picked up my Pond Scum Green NGX build yesterday. Called within the hour it was released so got my shops first one.

Haven't been able to do a proper ride yet bc snow but feels incredible from the little messing around I've done. Best pedaling bike I've been on and rear feels incredibly poppy and easy to get off the ground.

Mine came with 2.5 aggressors F/R. Was wondering what other people have liked to run on there ripleys and if other people are getting different spec.

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 19:05 Quote
First ride today. (Green nx/gx, though only nx cranks on mine)Still getting used to it... for context in coming off v1 Hightower cc with db air

Pro:
-pedals great
-very stable at speed
-gx drivetrain and g2 brakes worked as well as they need to

Con
-terrible dropper lever feel
-blowing through travel on techy xc
-def feel the weight of frame and snow plow of a 2.5 Assgai on the front of mine when you get to very steep stuff

Upgrades
-added a downtube protector before first ride
-bontrager side load cage (high liter yellow) get some longer bolts if you choose that cage.
-immediately changing dropper to one up
-no complaints about stock cockpit (other than dropper lever) honestly, but probably gonna get a lighter bar and different grips
-not a fan of 35 mm rims snd 2.5 tires; just too heavy and slow if you don’t need it... though the wheels are pretty nice and not super heavy. Think this will be completely different with some faster tires
-considering 140mm air shaft, snd I’ll def replace damper with fit4 when comes time for service if not sooner
-dpx2??? No hurry on that. Gonna add spacers to the dps

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
altermatt wrote:
I just picked up my Pond Scum Green NGX build yesterday. Called within the hour it was released so got my shops first one.

Haven't been able to do a proper ride yet bc snow but feels incredible from the little messing around I've done. Best pedaling bike I've been on and rear feels incredibly poppy and easy to get off the ground.

Mine came with 2.5 aggressors F/R. Was wondering what other people have liked to run on there ripleys and if other people are getting different spec.

They had 2 exo+ 2.5 assgais on mine. Had them swap the rear for a 2.3 aggressor. The assgai grips amazingly but it’s a hog pedaling. Probably gonna go dissector front rekon rear both 2.4.

How about your drivetrain? Mine ended up being all gx except the cranks, which was a nice surprise.

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
I have a Ripley AF in Silver on order, interested to know if anyone who has received bike already if it came with a 30T or 32T chain ring? Spec shows 30T but carbon Ripley's come with 32T.

Hope mine comes with Aggressor tires. Defo doing the same with dropper post straight swap to Oneup V2, and probably change anything NX to GX.

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
Dazg73 wrote:
I have a Ripley AF in Silver on order, interested to know if anyone who has received bike already if it came with a 30T or 32T chain ring? Spec shows 30T but carbon Ripley's come with 32T.

Hope mine comes with Aggressor tires. Defo doing the same with dropper post straight swap to Oneup V2, and probably change anything NX to GX.

30T on mine... the shop I ordered it from was pretty cool about tires. Swapped them out for me for a tire off the shelf as long as the price was similar.

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
deez-nucks wrote:
Dazg73 wrote:

30T on mine... the shop I ordered it from was pretty cool about tires. Swapped them out for me for a tire off the shelf as long as the price was similar.

Thanks, that was good you got those anchors replaced free of charge.
How does the bike look in real life, was bit weary of ordering an Aluminum frame having only ever seen Carbon Ibis frames in our shop.

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
Dazg73 wrote:
deez-nucks wrote:
Dazg73 wrote:

Thanks, that was good you got those anchors replaced free of charge.
How does the bike look in real life, was bit weary of ordering an Aluminum frame having only ever seen Carbon Ibis frames in our shop.

I always think bikes look better in person, and this one was not different. no getting around it, this thing looks sturdy, but looks very well laid out. But that was sort of the point for me. The green looks great. I’m sure the raw color will too.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
deez-nucks wrote:
altermatt wrote:

They had 2 exo+ 2.5 assgais on mine. Had them swap the rear for a 2.3 aggressor. The assgai grips amazingly but it’s a hog pedaling. Probably gonna go dissector front rekon rear both 2.4.

How about your drivetrain? Mine ended up being all gx except the cranks, which was a nice surprise.

I got all gx with nx cranks. Very happy with it.

Assegais are definitely a bad option. Dissectors are what I was wanting to go with or those schwalbes.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
Third on the list at LBS. Apparently they just arrive at the LBS with no advance notice.

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 6:17 Quote
I ordered a large green NGX build yesterday from Wrench Science. They said 8-12 weeks.

I'm coming from a Canyon Neuron AL 6 so I am excited for a decent component spec.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
I am picking up ours today. Excited to see how it compares to the YT Izzo and Transition Spur we currently have in for review.

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
meSSican wrote:
I am picking up ours today. Excited to see how it compares to the YT Izzo and Transition Spur we currently have in for review.

Definitely interested in those comparisons.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008089
Mobile Version of Website