The Snappiest and Flickablest!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The Snappiest and Flickablest!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
Ah! I just sold my BMX and it was a great couple of years. But I'm ready to jump back into the mtb game and things have changed since I was last in the scene. Everything seems to be slack. That isn't me.

I want something steeper and short. Something I can twist and bounce from one side of the trail to the other at a moment's notice. I don't need the forgiveness that comes with a slacker headtube and I'm not looking for the most efficient pedaler. I come from a freeride background and just want to have the most fun. Snap and flick!

The last bike I had was a 2016 Kona Process 153 and I loved that bike. It was so playful. What's out there these days?

Thanks in advance to everyone who responds!

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
Surly Karate Monkey sounds right up your alley.

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 10:07 Quote
Yeah, both those bikes are cool. I'm living by mellower terrain these days, so a hardtail is not out of the question. That Karate Monkey has some sweet numbers!

FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
The Canfield Balance has the shortest chain stays of any full suspension bike on the market currently. Size down and put an air shock on it and you should end up with a more flickable bike than your Kona

FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
i guess the remedy is still an option?
Dont assume a slack bike isnt flickable. the new trance X 27.5 is more playful than the remedy even though its waaay slacker.

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 16:09 Quote
typx wrote:
Ah! I just sold my BMX and it was a great couple of years. But I'm ready to jump back into the mtb game and things have changed since I was last in the scene. Everything seems to be slack. That isn't me.

I want something steeper and short. Something I can twist and bounce from one side of the trail to the other at a moment's notice. I don't need the forgiveness that comes with a slacker headtube and I'm not looking for the most efficient pedaler. I come from a freeride background and just want to have the most fun. Snap and flick!

The last bike I had was a 2016 Kona Process 153 and I loved that bike. It was so playful. What's out there these days?

Thanks in advance to everyone who responds!
Santa Cruz 5010 but the one before the current newest one probabaly is best for you since it’s abit steeper and lighter

FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 17:58 Quote
I ride a new stylus and don’t find the slack head angle to be a detriment to maneuverability. I ride like you and like it way more than I thought I would. My previous mtb was a DJ I put a derailleur on.

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 19:49 Quote
I was actually just looking at the Stylus. Good call!

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
Yeti sb115. Been described to me as a bmx for the trails. Cool little down country bike

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 14:54 Quote
YT Izzo looks cool.

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
Marino custom frame? Bit more hands on but you could get exactly what you wanted with that.

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
I agree with the other poster, slack doesnt mean it wont be flickable and snappy.

I would look for 27.5 and short travel but not XC oriented. I was just shopping for similar bike.

I think you would love the Santa Cruz 5010, I just demo'd one. I ended up going with a Transition Scout (very flickable) which was just a bit burlier. The 5010 was lighter and more flickable but was causing me wrist pain when riding fast chunky stuff.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 10:12 Quote
It sounds like you are looking for a remedy

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
walserish wrote:
It sounds like you are looking for a remedy

This could very well be true.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010277
Mobile Version of Website