Powered by Outside

Spinergy's PBO Spokes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Spinergy's PBO Spokes
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
has anyone had any experiences with Spinergy wheels laced with PBO spokes? they're supposed to be half the weight and three times as strong as stainless steel spokes... i'm hearing many mixed opinions, but i don't know anyone who actually has a set... lets hear some EXPERIENCED feedback...

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 7:31 Quote
anyone? i know they're awfully rare, but someone's gotta have some experience with them...

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 7:47 Quote
You said it yourself. RARE. I'd imagine most shops dont just happen to stock them if you break one. And i'm pretty sure the nipples need a special tool too.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 7:48 Quote
very true, replacement parts must be very hard to come by... i'm wondering if the wheel's performance offsets the inconvenience of finding said parts... but it seems no one rides them...

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
try MBR i'm sure there are reviews on there.

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 8:13 Quote
I might be wrong, but I think this guy has them, and has had them for a while.

Send him a PM, and ask him how they've handled. Also there is a guy who commented on the picture below who says he also owns them.

My 2 cents

http://enius.pinkbike.com/

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
ya, those look like the fall line wheels...

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
Hey man. I'm getting a rear one in tomorrow for my KHS, and I'll be riding DH on it this weekend. Give me a shout and I'll tell you how they were.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.spinergy.com/Bicycle/imgs/product_imgs/fallLine-largePhoto.jpg

O+
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
awesome, by all means, leave me a little review here when you've formed some sort of opinion about them...

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
my lbs not really local but yea
hey have like 10 pairs of spinergys not fall lines but those fall lines are dope that what im getting to be diffrent then everyone and there super strong so yea get them

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
I will. The rear one came in today. All I can say, it's the hottest wheel I've ever seen, and we have I9 in right now.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
what are they like for weight? they claim the spokes themselves are about half the weight of standard stainless spokes, but how's the weight as a built wheel?

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
I had the rear on the scale yesterday. 3.32 pounds. I've heard the wheelset is just under 2400g.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 7:51 Quote
i have a set of fall line, they are great , super strong , stiff , beautiful and light, but as you said.. they are rare , i have the only set in brazil, and if I want some replacement spokes or other parts..forget.. I have to buy in USA if I find even in the USA , and if you crash, try to protect your spokes.. because if they find a rock..it will break, even in transport, take a lot of care with the spokes.. any direct impact will break it! and the tool came when you buy the wheelset

I stay with mine.. liked a lot , but have to buy some extra spokes ..

sorry for my bad english...

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
Your english is fine, man!

As most of you know, I have a rear one, and so far, so good. My boss whacked his XC set with a beer bottle, the bottle didn't win.

photo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012591
Mobile Version of Website