Powered by Outside

Fox DHX 5.0 or Marzocchi Roco.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox DHX 5.0 or Marzocchi Roco.
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
Give me your oppinions. The DHX 5.0 has a lot of good features but Marzocchi is relyable and I have heard that it performs a bit better.
Just leave your comments, it's well appreciated.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
Leaning a little towards the roco

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
Well, I replaced my DHX with a Roco. That should say it all.

It is just as plush as the Fox, but is much more controlled feeling. Like plopping your butt into a huge lovesak. It just falls in so smoothly.

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
rockshox vivid!! id rather have a roco than a dhx

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
go with the Roco... its a nice f*ckin shock

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
Yeah, I think I will take the roco. I have had nothing but perfect performance and durability with Marzocchi. I would trust my life with them

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
all my friends have dhx 5.0's before i got my rocco i'd ridden there rigs a million times and liked how they felt than i rode a rocco around a parking lot and i was sold. Rocco's look incredibly sick, they're marzo relieable, they're a whole lot less confusing and easier to tune than the fox (i have the tst), and they just feel amazing soooo smooth!!!... i run mine reasonably stiff so teh bikes nice and responsive and i don't even feel teh f*cking trail.

there also around the same price.. within like 50$ of each other.

(if your going air go for the fox though as the rocco tst air and wc air (i'm not sure if the wc air exists lol...) are new and i've heard something about oil leak-ige

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
oh, by the way, ever changed the oil on a DHX? NO? didnt think so!

All you have to do on a Roco is take out the bleed screw, compress the shock a few times to clear out the oil, then put in a bucket of oil and cycle a few times to get the air out, then reinstall the bleed screw!!!!!! Fox ever let you do anything like user maintenance?

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
yea and my dhx is being rebuilt right now and its 2 weeks gone by and its STILL at fox...........................................................

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 4:52 Quote
dannyc1225 wrote:
yea and my dhx is being rebuilt right now and its 2 weeks gone by and its STILL at fox...........................................................

Im planning on getting a roco, either TST r or a RC worldcup shock.

I've found them both for cheap prices but obviously the RC worldcup is more expensive but they have very similar adjustments and i dont understand the advantages the RC worldcup has over the TST r? Also what is the difference between the TST adjust and compression adjust?

Can anyone advise?
Thanks.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
olynch wrote:
dannyc1225 wrote:

Im planning on getting a roco, either TST r or a RC worldcup shock.

I've found them both for cheap prices but obviously the RC worldcup is more expensive but they have very similar adjustments and i dont understand the advantages the RC worldcup has over the TST r? Also what is the difference between the TST adjust and compression adjust?

Can anyone advise?
Thanks.

the roco wc is for DH and FRX and the tst is for AM and FR. im planning to get a stinky and im kinda on the border too. i heard that the 5.0 is better on hucks but the roco is better on choppy downhill trails. i heard a lot of the rocos blowing too, so im kinda paranoid right now. 2 of my friends are getting 5.0 coils and 1 of my friend might get the 5.0 air, so i want to be the unique one hahaha. btw i think the rocos are buttery smooth. they have less jolts from one stroke to another than fox

FL
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
sorry to thread jack, but same sorta question.. im getting a bottle rocket witha fox 36 van rc2, and wondered would a dhx5.0 be better than a roco wc, or vice versa?

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
sorry to thread jack, but same sorta question.. im getting a bottle rocket witha fox 36 van rc2, and wondered would a dhx5.0 be better than a roco wc, or vice versa?
you want a roco tst so you can harden the rear on djs

oh, and get air

FL
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
me2menow wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:
you want a roco tst so you can harden the rear on djs

oh, and get air

i rode the tstr down whistler a few times. i loved it. does it feel the same as the WC, and im pretty sold on coil. i dont trust air for reliablilty and maintanence

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012872
Mobile Version of Website