2023 Orbea Wild

PB Forum :: eMTB
2023 Orbea Wild
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
Been looking at long travel e-bikes for a few months and the brand new Wild is at the top of my list I think. I have a Megatower which I won't be getting rid of so I can still ride trails where e-bikes aren't allowed. Is anyone else looking at these? Seems to be getting some phenomenal reviews and it is a front runner in the e-enduro series.

Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 10:00 Quote
AZ-1LE wrote:
Been looking at long travel e-bikes for a few months and the brand new Wild is at the top of my list I think. I have a Megatower which I won't be getting rid of so I can still ride trails where e-bikes aren't allowed. Is anyone else looking at these? Seems to be getting some phenomenal reviews and it is a front runner in the e-enduro series.

Does look really good. While I'm hesitant with any trunnion mounted shock it looks like a killer bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 10:22 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
AZ-1LE wrote:

Does look really good. While I'm hesitant with any trunnion mounted shock it looks like a killer bike.

Why do you say that about the trunnion mount? I converted my DHX2 on my MT to having a trunnion mount for the smoother feel.

Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 10:49 Quote
AZ-1LE wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
AZ-1LE wrote:

Why do you say that about the trunnion mount? I converted my DHX2 on my MT to having a trunnion mount for the smoother feel.

Based on this article/video by Vorsprung I started looking around and there's a problem. Do your own research and you'll find more such as this discussion on the subject. article.

I like Orbea and in particular the light weight Rise, but now the Pivot has my attention... If I were looking at a bigger travel bike I might consider the Ibis Oso too - really ripping bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 16:13 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
I like Orbea and in particular the light weight Rise, but now the Pivot has my attention... If I were looking at a bigger travel bike I might consider the Ibis Oso too - really ripping bike.

Took the Ibis Oso for a 40 mile demo ride from the factory. It’s absolutely fantastic except for the 53-lb weight. I couldn’t see myself lifting that on and off my hitch.

Waiting for my Pivot Shuttle SL now…

Posted: Feb 1, 2023 at 14:59 Quote
I have 400kms on my 21 Wild FS H10 and i love every minute of it. The 23 model is a new design so it must be even better. The Ebike market is blowing up so these will just get better and better but if this is your first time owning an E you will love them all im sure. I get ragged on hard because im the only one with an E(for now) but when i see them huffing and puffing climbing up its totally worth it. I'll often head out first and do a lap before them and rip it up hill and that in itself is a whole new experience

Slowasaur wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

Took the Ibis Oso for a 40 mile demo ride from the factory. It’s absolutely fantastic except for the 53-lb weight. I couldn’t see myself lifting that on and off my hitch.

Waiting for my Pivot Shuttle SL now…

Those are 2 complete different bikes. The OSO is full on long travel ebike and has more power and a bigger battery compared to the Pivot with less travel/power/battery. No way i could go with a mid assist Ebike after riding mine. Not gonna like though, my bikes a tank and after a day of riding it can be a bit of work to get on the rack.

Posted: Feb 1, 2023 at 21:18 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
AZ-1LE wrote:

My EXT e-Storia on my Wild has been flawless for a year now. Fox DHX2 was a different story though.

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 5:25 Quote
I am currently on an Intense Tazer, love the bike but the 504w battery really limits things. I just ordered a 2023 Wild with the 750w battery. Everything about this bike looks to have hit the nail on the head. Hoping it is what it seems. I do only ride the ebike about once a week, still love to pedal but those days you are tired and still want to ride the E makes all the difference.

I did look at the Oso, ugly bike but aren't all ebikes?? LOL. I think it was more the price for the build that is way out of line that stopped me from looking any further.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 7:01 Quote
riptiderider wrote:
Those are 2 complete different bikes. The OSO is full on long travel ebike and has more power and a bigger battery compared to the Pivot with less travel/power/battery. No way i could go with a mid assist Ebike after riding mine. Not gonna like though, my bikes a tank and after a day of riding it can be a bit of work to get on the rack.

I’m still at the point where I just wanted the extra assist to not feel as wiped out or cramp up during longer rides so a mid power fits the bill for me. Turns out the Pivot is so close to the geo and travel of my trail bike I currently ride. With the DW link, I feel like it’s the bike I wished Ibis would make. Tomorrow will be my first ride! Super stoked.

Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 9:54 Quote
Ordered my ‘23 Wild M10 (myO order with up spec options) last week. Can’t wait!
I tested everything I could get my hands on. The Pivot SL geo didn’t fit me…their sizing can be awkward if you’re 178 cm like me. The Relay looks awesome but not sure about the removable battery and the complexity that goes along with it. Although the Relay weight hasn’t been released (that I’ve seen), it sounds like it may come in around 20 kg. My Wild should be around 21.5.
In the end, the full power won out.

Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 9:57 Quote
Tormy wrote:
I am currently on an Intense Tazer, love the bike but the 504w battery really limits things. I just ordered a 2023 Wild with the 750w battery. Everything about this bike looks to have hit the nail on the head. Hoping it is what it seems. I do only ride the ebike about once a week, still love to pedal but those days you are tired and still want to ride the E makes all the difference.

I did look at the Oso, ugly bike but aren't all ebikes?? LOL. I think it was more the price for the build that is way out of line that stopped me from looking any further.

Ibis is out of their collective minds with that price for the build. I wasn’t impressed with the ride, either, but that’s subjective and I’m sure owners will love them.
I ordered my Wild with the 625 battery. We’ll see if that turns out to be an error on my part.

Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 15:22 Quote
2 rides in on my ‘23 Wild. I am truly blown away. Anyone else have theirs yet?

FL
Posted: Apr 21, 2023 at 8:27 Quote
BermJunky wrote:
2 rides in on my ‘23 Wild. I am truly blown away. Anyone else have theirs yet?

Still waiting, can you tell me when you ordered it? Mine is supposedly on its way? I hope.

Posted: Apr 21, 2023 at 9:34 Quote
Ordered mine end of February. Originally was to ship March 10, but was held due to the carbon wheels. I had them build it with the alloy instead and then switched them out for WR1 / Onyx. Finally shipped first week of April. It took about a week to clear customs in Ohio and arrive on Vancouver Island.

FL
Posted: Apr 21, 2023 at 13:21 Quote
BermJunky wrote:
Ordered mine end of February. Originally was to ship March 10, but was held due to the carbon wheels. I had them build it with the alloy instead and then switched them out for WR1 / Onyx. Finally shipped first week of April. It took about a week to clear customs in Ohio and arrive on Vancouver Island.

Thanks for the info. I ordered mine early Feb. I have been busy and riding a lot so can't wait to get it but I am being patient.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010040
Mobile Version of Website