Powered by Outside

when u ride DH do u set your rebound to slow or fast?

PB Forum :: Downhill
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 5, 2008 at 14:08 Quote

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
fast... but not to the point where its like a pogo stick. If the rebounds to slow then it will bog down when your riding over braking bumps roots and such.

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
medium, so it sucks up the bumps, but dosent through your front end up in the air

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
i try to run my rear shock with about 30% sag with rebound set at about a medium, but to get it just right i add about 60 psi more so i run about 170 psi with 30% sag and it feels fine

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
1.5-2 turns from full slow (Pushed 08 Roco TST coil, 550# Ti spring)

Anything faster/slower than that has been detrimental to performance.

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
depend on the course, i run it as fast as i can most the time on flowy trail, or trails with lots of baby heads and ruts, but run it slower on trails with big drops i say.

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
1.5-2 turns from full slow (Pushed 08 Roco TST coil, 550# Ti spring)

Anything faster/slower than that has been detrimental to performance.

ya but that means not much with out your weight

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
fast on the front so your forks dont pack down and slow on the back so you're not thrown over the bars, if it feels right for you then stick with it.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 22:23 Quote
First off, your bike will handle poorly if your rebound is set to different speeds. If you talk to anyone in suspension tuning, they will tell you to set it as fast as you can without it bouncing or springing back too hard. If it's too fast, it will behave like a pogo stick. Everybody knows that. If it's too slow, it won't fully extend before hitting the next bump, and then it will pack your suspension and create a very harsh ride. If the course is rough and fast, or has lots of roots, then be sure to set the rebound a little faster, but make sure your forks feel relatively balanced in comparison.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 22:40 Quote
"your bike will handle poorly if your rebound is set to differant speeds", is the biggest load of bull i've heard so far, take your own advice and ask a suspension expert such as tim flukes from tftuned or mojo, its exactly what they tell you to do in the setup vids on the fundamentals dvd

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
SLOW SLOW SLOW. i used to ride fast, but once i switched, holy shit. its way better. reason 1. the center of the travel is the most efficient and plush, and having slow rebound will make the fork compress and stay in that area while being used. reason 2. it doesnt kill your arms like fast rebound does when bouncing off obstacles. in the freeride realm of things too, it doesnt kick you off of lips, but controllably flows off. its amazing. feels horrible when not riding trails though.

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 1:58 Quote
sorry to go slightly off topic, but when doing big drops, do you set your rebound fast or slow? i presume it will be slow because thats how you set it when dirt jumping.

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
FlowDan wrote:
sorry to go slightly off topic, but when doing big drops, do you set your rebound fast or slow? i presume it will be slow because thats how you set it when dirt jumping.

somewhere right in between, For dh i like to set it a bit faster Because my suspension springs back in time to hit the next bump rather than too soft because doing a drop then hitting a bump, or a jump after with your suspension really squatted will kick you over the bars, Which slow rebound will do. Same deal with too fast. But with too fast you will just bounce too much

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 14:07 Quote
armydave wrote:
fast on the front so your forks dont pack down and slow on the back so you're not thrown over the bars, if it feels right for you then stick with it.

holy bad idea batman

Your more likely to flip like that.

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
i have pretty fast rebound in the back and medium- fast in the front. i never feel like im gojng to go OTB with the fast rebound in the back, and it feels much better than when its slow. i like the fork medium to fast because the trails i ride have lots of big rock gardens and chatter bumps and jumps/ drops, so i need it to spring back fast enough but not too fast that it feels like crap on jumps and drops.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010119
Mobile Version of Website