Powered by Outside

best forks for dirt jumping, must have lockout, for street and park

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
best forks for dirt jumping, must have lockout, for street and park
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
what are the best forks for dirt jumping, and have a lockout system for street and park, tell me what axle size you'd need, and if not qr, can u tell me a good budget hub that would have the right axle

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
no fork that is designed for dj/street/park has lockout
unless you pump them up or crank up the compression
the forks that have those are
marz dj2
marz dj1
marz 4x
rockshox 318
rockshox 409
fox shox (expensive)

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
ok, nobody else needs to answer because all you will hear is this:
All of these are 20mm except for the dj 4 and 3
argyle 302, 318, or 409 (not recommended-its solo air)
gold label 2
pike series
marzocchi dj 4,3,2,1 ( 1 or 2 is probly the best)
marzocchi 4x world cup
fox vanilla, talas 32 or 36 (lowered)
Pargyle- Pike uppers, argyle lowers (very good fork)
Some may consider a lowered domain for dj but i dont recommend it (pricey)

All rigids are 9 or 10mm except for the identiti rebate park (14mm), dobermann fork, and the dmr trailblade

or you could consider rigid since you want lock out
UN-Identiti rebate park (best bet)(9,10, or 14mm)
North america- dobermann choker (20mm) blk mrkt contraband (2.49lbs),dmr Trailblade 1 or 2 (20mm)

hope i helped

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
I can't think of a fork designed for DJ & Street that would have a lockout system... I think they are usually designed for all mountain & XC forks which helps while going up hills.

If I was you I would get a normal 20mm fork & pump the forks up to make them really stiff. The person above me has mentioned most forks suitable, which are worth mentioning...

As for a hub, there are many possibilities. It really depends on your budget.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
I run a lowered jumper 110. I lowered it to about 75mm using the 110 springs. It is stiff enough that when you lean on it it dosn't move. You won't get much stiffer than a properly lowered fork.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 12:24 Quote
my dj1 are nice,like nutty 247 said, no dj/street/park fork have lock out-hope pro 2 hub 20mm £45 from chainreactioncycles.com. can i just say-if you want a fork with lock out for street and park why not just buy a rigid and save money

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
yer and i would deffo get a 20mm axel fork !! unless its a rigid
coz it will litterally eliminate flex !!!
and the best sus fork is the 409 or 4x Big Grin
and then the goldlabel Big Grin
but thats if you have a big budget
and the best fork to have is a fox but they are not strictly for dj so i wouldnt get them unless you can get a deal coz they are expensive !

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
i dont just ride park, i ride street park, dj, freeride, bit of dh from time to time, 4x trials anything, which is why i prefer a lockoutable fork so then i can have it nice and bouncy for dj,freeride, dh and 4x and rigid for street and park and trials, but i dont really mind

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
murraydmr wrote:
i dont just ride park, i ride street park, dj, freeride, bit of dh from time to time, 4x trials anything, which is why i prefer a lockoutable fork so then i can have it nice and bouncy for dj,freeride, dh and 4x and rigid for street and park and trials, but i dont really mind

Nah mate you'll just blow it.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
exactly the only reason they have lock out is for climbing up hills its only a plastic spacer so if you ride forks with the rigid on then have a big it you will snap the spacer and there goes your lockout !

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
Could get some plush forks for everything, except street, and get some cheap rigids?

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
sawyer wrote:
Could get some plush forks for everything, except street, and get some cheap rigids?
rigids are cheap anyway-thats one of the good things about them

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
right i know its personal preferance but i love squishy forks !!!
i usto run litterally rigids but now i love having squish Big Grin
youll get usto it !

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
Argyle 409 has a lockout style thing, you can tune the lock out and when the floodgate comes into action, so have it pretty rigid until taing a big hit, also adjust the compression and rebound and amount of air in the fork, so go from plush to rigid. It is more freeride orientated than street IMHO, however that seems to be what you're looking for. Also looking at an argyle it way well be worth looking at the pike as it's similar except less geared towards street, moreso to "freeride"/trail riding.
Argyle takes 20mm axle, so would require a new hub.
You can get a halo wheel for about £80/£90, but also bearing in mind you can get a custom pro II front hub/wheel combo from chain reaction cycles from £70-£150 ish.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
right i know its personal preferance but i love squishy forks !!!
i usto run litterally rigids but now i love having squish Big Grin
youll get usto it !
me to, i ran my dj3 2004 so i got like 20mm when i flat landed from like 6ft-i have my dj1 soft-ish and like it much more

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.479420
Mobile Version of Website